Into the eve, reflections of me are seen by it
Tireless tweets, chattering chats, post multiply as I have singleness of eye upon you.
If the light of your countenance went down, soon frowns would occupy my facial expression.
To prevent such, hand me that plug. Quickly no bars raise quickly as power cells void began to charge.
Recharged and refreshed, I resume typing afresh over 100 characters a minute.
Yawns my long face did caress. So did my eyelids protest without any warning of their soon closing.
Tweets come to cease, once chattering chats flatten as a flat-line as I realize that it’s time to put out this
Before I could it became a night light. Pathways lit dark hallways as I awakened to find that faithful
laptop light ablaze and bright.
Timothy Branch's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Laptop light by Timothy Branch )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- The Way You Touch Me, Spiritwind Wood
- Forever By You, Spiritwind Wood
- Thank You Lord, Kathryn Tyler King
- I Wanted You To Know, Spiritwind Wood
- Light Of Heaven, Spiritwind Wood
- Through Echoes Of The Wind, Spiritwind Wood
- Zophy, Luo Zhihai
- The Grotto, David Lewis Paget
- Heaven's Only Angel, Spiritwind Wood
- Deeper into the Sea, Joseph Narusiewicz