Into the eve, reflections of me are seen by it
Tireless tweets, chattering chats, post multiply as I have singleness of eye upon you.
If the light of your countenance went down, soon frowns would occupy my facial expression.
To prevent such, hand me that plug. Quickly no bars raise quickly as power cells void began to charge.
Recharged and refreshed, I resume typing afresh over 100 characters a minute.
Yawns my long face did caress. So did my eyelids protest without any warning of their soon closing.
Tweets come to cease, once chattering chats flatten as a flat-line as I realize that it’s time to put out this
Before I could it became a night light. Pathways lit dark hallways as I awakened to find that faithful
laptop light ablaze and bright.
Timothy Branch's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Laptop light by Timothy Branch )
- Morning prayers., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Favorite Quote, Nautica Moxley
- Building Bricks, Jude Ogunade
- A Hydro Odyssey, Patrick Czyz
- Salvation, Earth And Sadness, Tony Adah
- Perspective, Patrick Czyz
- flesh to flesh, jaquesha webb
- Make it a new day., Patrick Czyz
- A Deadly Romance, Akhtar Jawad
- Tear Stained Haiku, Patrick Czyz
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(8 February 1911 – 6 October 1979)