Lament Of A Departed Soul
The road ends here, I am blessed now
Blessed to have an eternal sleep
I have nothing to lose now, a spirit
Stays far from the madding crowd
In the holy abode of God.
You can't reach me, never touch me
You ruin me, you traitor in friendly attire
Your hungry beasts grab me
Pounce on me, strip me, tear me
I parried the carnal glances, scary eyes
I was hunted, to brute forces, a prey
I got a lesson, a lesson to remember
The pain I felt was too much to bear
You raised no voice, nobody there to hear
My lone agony, my groan, my despair
You could have saved me, you are human
You are social, you are equal, a myth
Shattered. No, no, you kill me not, I flee
From you, you are insane, you are polluted
You breed leopards to slay the lambs.
Even beasts spare their clan.
Humanity long deserted you, but you are you
You hug brutality, such is your mentality
Time would make me past, I am a past.
Was I born to pass away so young?
Had I a disease, did meet accident?
Do you have words to justify my end?
Was I alien to you?
But you were reticent to my plight.
You drove me out- my family, my kin
My home that moulded me are to lament.
Mother earth is plagued with human germs.
You ignore the organ that badly harms.
My dream, my future, cry in vain
Could you bring me back to earth again?
Moloy Bhattacharya's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Lament Of A Departed Soul by Moloy Bhattacharya )
- Trust None, Even Me!, Sir Toby
- More Deliberately Taken, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Ah, money!, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- We shall overcome someday, Vidura Prabhath
- Jadavpur University Campus And The Lefti.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Excellence, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- Chains, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- New Dawn, Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
- The Stolen Ancient Landmark, Sir Toby
- The Book O' Life, Sir Toby
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)