Kathleen Jessie Raine
Where are those dazzling hills touched by the sun,
Those crags in childhood that I used to climb?
Hidden, hidden under mist is yonder mountain,
Hidden is the heart.
A day of cloud, a lifetime falls between,
Gone are the heather moors and the pure stream,
Gone are the rocky places and the green,
Hidden, hidden under sorrow is yonder mountain,
O storm and gale of tears, whose blinding screen
Makes weather of grief, snow's drifting curtain
Palls th'immortal heights once seen.
Hidden, hidden is the heart,
Hidden, hidden is the heart.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Lament by Kathleen Jessie Raine )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
Poem of the Day
- it's no surprise i'm weeping, just a lit.., Mandolyn ...
- Culmination, Angell Afinowi
- A Flowers Telling of Orpheus, Skyler Ryan
- West, GRANT FRASER
- Hurricane Kaitlyn, Bernard Snyder
- Old Breath, GRANT FRASER
- Saints Rising, George Egba
- Hiroshima., Tony Adah
- Sun Exposed, Prasad Natarajan
- Libra Scale, Kewayne Wadley