Little King of Sorrows
Always deserving better than me.
Me and you could never be.
Allowing me a chance for free,
Now these thoughts I cannot flee.
Dearest friend I need not see,
A simple word I wait from thee.
Justify the pain I feel,
Even though we broke the deal,
Aching heart is very real,
Need a word to help me heal.
Months of hiding pain inside,
Admitting now the ways I lied,
Repair the intentions of what I tried,
Inscribed in prayers I nightly cried.
Ever lasting friend I have implied.
J-man gives you what you need,
Of his forgiveness I also plead,
Hopeful solution to evil deed,
New food for thought for us to feed.
Stoned and drunk I couldn't lead,
Overtaken by the pace and speed,
Never forgotten, your planted seed.
© 2013 L.K.Sorrows
Little King of Sorrows's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Lady Luck by Little King of Sorrows )
- Alive, Leong Ming Loong
- Poems proclaim, Mark Heathcote
- My Battle Ground, Emily Krauss
- Whatcha Doing, Emily Krauss
- More And More Sheila And Clifford ..... .., Bri Edwards
- Ends, douglas scotney
- To Wait On A Woman, Randy McClave
- He says his heart is a broken wishbone, Mark Heathcote
- Dressed in russet monochromes, Mark Heathcote
- Thankful For You KP, Michael McParland
Poem of the Day
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(22 March 1941 -)
Ella Wheeler Wilcox
(5 November 1850 - 30 October 1919)