She never needed instructions from me,
My beautiful lady guitar.
Her purpose in life was to set the notes free,
Becoming her own brightest star.
Her magic was heard in her infinite voices,
Pure and clean and true.
Without hesitation she made the best choices,
Our heart and soul friendship grew.
When my hesitations caused audible questions,
She gave us her eloquent best.
My dancing fingers made only suggestions,
Lady guitar did the rest.
Connie Yost's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Lady Guitar by Connie Yost )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- In deep, hasmukh amathalal
- Truth is supreme, gajanan mishra
- Photograph from September 11, Wislawa Szymborska
- A stain..., GRANT FRASER
- buzz be what?, Mandolyn ...
- The Cat, Novica Tadić
- Singing in the Shower, Joan Goodwin
- Pappou Elia's Poem - A More Literal Tran.., Elia Michael
- Night Sonnet, Novica Tadić
- Asperger's is not a curse - it is just a.., Richard Allen Beevor