She never needed instructions from me,
My beautiful lady guitar.
Her purpose in life was to set the notes free,
Becoming her own brightest star.
Her magic was heard in her infinite voices,
Pure and clean and true.
Without hesitation she made the best choices,
Our heart and soul friendship grew.
When my hesitations caused audible questions,
She gave us her eloquent best.
My dancing fingers made only suggestions,
Lady guitar did the rest.
Connie Yost's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Lady Guitar by Connie Yost )
- The Thatch Hut., Tony Adah
- This Creature is So Strange, Rohit Sapra
- Have a Heart, Vera Sidhwa
- In My Dreams, Rohit Sapra
- To wish upon a star is to wish for Star .., Raymond Sawyer
- The Past, Poetic Lilly Emery
- With a Laugh Just Glow, Rohit Sapra
- Mother Teresa and I, SANDIP GOSWAMI
- Where Love is Present, Rohit Sapra
- in my head, luke slade
Poem of the Day
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Being With You, Heather Burns
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(1 February 1927)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- CHERYL winter