M.D Dinesh Nair
Kushwant Singh's Jokes Off The Sardarji Track..
Kushwant Singh usually cracked jokes on the Sardarjies of his own Sikh community..
But here are a few jokes he has cracked off the Sardarji track...
These jokes based on how Indians use ungrammatical and funny English have been reproduced in different forms on various pages...
1. An employee applying for two days leave of absence wrote like this - Sir, As I am going to a crematorium and may not return, request you to declare two days holidays..please.
2. Another employee wrote asking for three days leave of absence - Sir, I am going to dispose of my village land along with my wife and so grant me 3 days of leave.
3. A school student who applied for leave on account of illness wrote to the Head Teacher - Madam, As I am studying in your school, I am suffering from a head ache and fever and please, grant me leave for two-three days.
4. A man proposing to conduct his daughter`s marriage at home wrote to his friend - Though I am somehow trying to marry my daughter at the earliest, my wife is delaying it hoping to get her nephew`s nod to marry her, What shall you do?
5. A visiting English language expert read this line written on a black board in an Indian school -'UNITTED WE STANT, DIVIDED WE FAL'
and asked angrily, ' Who is the English Teacher here? '.Pat came the reply from a teacher, ' Sir, I is the English teacher'. Then the shell shocked English expert wondered back, ' Are you the English teacher? . At this the English teacher gave his reply, ' Sir, I are the English teacher'. The fuming expert shouted, ' Get out' and the English teacher said to the students, ' You all get out'....
M.D Dinesh Nair's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Kushwant Singh's Jokes Off The Sardarji Track.. by M.D Dinesh Nair )
(1895 - 1985)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Christina Georgina Rossetti
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Remember, Christina Georgina Rossetti
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- While Strolling Down the Beach Today, Kenn Nesbitt
- I Am A Don, I Am A Don. Yes, Boss, You A.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- In a Nutshell, hafiz qasim
- Rapture, Robert Dana
- Love's Just Like That, Kevin John Racaza
- Moments, Kevin John Racaza
- English Culture Cannot Be Multi-Culti, Bijay Kant Dubey
- It's Nothing, Kevin John Racaza
- Twilight on the Beach, Mary Dow Brine
- My, TheSilent Loudness