Sant Surdas (1478 - 1581 / India)
Kanha eats in Yasoda's lap.
some he eats, some he drops,
as the ladies of Nandgaon watch,
some he eats and some he puts
in Nanda's mouth,
this joy is beyound recount.
some he eats, some gives to gopas,
butter in his hands, curd in doniyas.
The joy of Yasoda
the three worlds cannot account.
the meal is over, Kanha washes,
for Sur the left-overs count.
Read poems about / on: joy
Poet Other Poems
- Awake O! Prince Of Braj
- Krishna Approaches Radha
- Krishna Awakes
- Krishna Beginning To Speak
- Krishna Complains About His Older Brothe...
- Krishna Crawling
- Krishna Denying He Stole The Butter
- Krishna Goes To The Woods
- Krishna In The Cradle
- Krishna Learning To Walk
- Krishna Learns To Walk
- Krishna Questions His Hair Braid Not Gro...
- Krishna Returning With The Herd
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.