Krishna Returning With The Herd
Mohan comes herding the cows,
crown of peacock feathers on his head,
garland of forest flowers on his chest,
in his hand a wooden staff,
his body wrapped in cow-dust.
A band around his waist
and from his feet the sound of anklets
there amidst his cow-boy friends
Shyam comes. His yellow garments standing out
like lightning amidst the clouds.
Sant Surdas's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Krishna Returning With The Herd by Sant Surdas )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Coat Thief, Phil Soar
- Souls, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Tonight When I Sleep, Randy McClave
- Music, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Freedom From A Dreary Forest, Monk E. Biz
- I, Me, Mine, Manisha parmar
- My Silver Dime, Is It Poetry
- Cavern, Morgan Michaels
- Lumber Jack Dupree, Denis Bourgeau
- this is for you...or whatever, Mandolyn ...