I was a year and a half old when
Two, loud cracks punctured western confidence
Through air; my future head snapped back in grief.
There is no darkness to match the one in view.
Smoke is seen through the lens of habitual
Types of feelings not easily reconciled with
Processions of some one’s fear. There, in
Times of withered summer and early falls,
Fragrances repeat themselves; scents of grass,
And romance nurtured on the peak of a hill.
Each one of us is, at times, slow to move,
Slow to get justice for those who surround us.
Up there. A figure swathed in nothingness.
Can text be recalled and deconstructed
Later? A Moscow man’s ire may be involved.
Lamont Palmer's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Knoll by Lamont Palmer )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Music, Life's Soundtrack (Quatrains), Cynthia BuhainBaello
- Love Note 16, Michael P. McParland
- Change, David Lessard
- ENVY DEFINED, Cynthia BuhainBaello
- Oh My Dear, Michael P. McParland
- The actor and the witness, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Possessive of God, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- The forbidden ritual, Mark Heathcote
- WHEN ON ME THEY CANNOT FEED, Cynthia BuhainBaello
- Fragility, Akhtar Jawad