Her blond hair is sweaty
and her tong in the corner of her mouth,
and her fingers feel numb
while the wool pulls and chafes.
Frustration has scribbled
a deep frown on her forehead.
How will she get it right?
Her teacher said
that they should all learn how to knit,
mom said it was easy to knit
but to her it is much too difficult
and the only thing that she knows about knitting
is making holes.
She shivers when the wool pulls
and is annoyed
but she will not give up
as to everything there is an answer.
At school she will pretend to knit
but will ask grandmother to help.
Her grandmother knows how to do everything
and knits far better than mother.
After school she takes the knitting home
but granny is far too wise
and has the wisdom to know what went wrong,
the wool is too chunky and the needles too thin
and with love and lots of patience
grandmother teaches her to knit
and after just a week she knits better
than all the children in her class
and holidays becomes there special time
in front off the window in the sun
and the only sound
is the clicking of their knitting needles.
Daleen Enslinstrydom's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Knitting Frustration by Daleen Enslinstrydom )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Anchor Your Stained Glass Shadows In The.., mary douglas
- Over a bug;, george albot
- On Her Wintry Planet, At The Close Of Day, mary douglas
- Losing The Blue Madonna To The Skies, mary douglas
- WHO IS THIS BEAST YOUR RIDING >>&g.., sEaN nOrTh
- The Incredible Pink Playhouse, mary douglas
- Let Us Return To The Country Of Clouds, mary douglas
- I Dreamed Of A Language, mary douglas
- Snow Globe Vision Of La Belle Et La Bete, mary douglas
- Flower in snow, ramesh rai