I will follow you.
Away from nest,
Away from harm.
Doing what you
With false alarm.
To catch my ear.
And staggering rear.
At the threat.
(Beast of prey
Or fowler’s net.}
Yards and yards
From panting young.
You lead along.
‘Til the risk
Then the burst,
The wing, the skies.
Doug Blair's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Killdeer Con by Doug Blair )
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Stars, Joyce Kilmer
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- A Fairy Song, William Shakespeare
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)