Kevin Revamped Beta IV
Kevin revamped beta four
hues dirty brown to boot,
he must be round the twist, we swore,
to give himself the boot.
Black pregnant raven perched resigned
on thorny issue stump
AP in mind, A pee behind
proceeded from his rump
For Kevin against fair game rules
had gone like Mary's lamb,
some critics say 'experience schools'
soon we'll be on the lam.
Who follows him from school one day
must seek elsewhere for tools
that foster writers' interplay
and take few souls for fools.
KEVINS KNIVES spells, cutting phrase,
though corkscrew spirals suit,
this suicidal tailspin phase
Why fix what seems working well,
flag play fad Facebook flute
though most detest it ? Warning bell
tolls tocsin for self-shoot.
All are browned off: Brown study dark
highlights an absolute
scorn for all artistic spark,
creative contents cute.
No killer app, but dust must bite
when self-destructive brute
persists in error all spotlight
mistaken, scarce astute.
Time, energy invested for
creation down the chute
are knocked for six, but AP store
shall harvest little loot.
Though web design is pretty poor,
as crazy as a coot
is colour chart: though clients roar
their influence seems moot.
With client base reduced to shell
and former poets mute,
pied piper's tune leads on to hell,
few poets in pursuit!
'Tis bitter pill to swallow! Flight
for greener fields en route
appears solution second sight
upholds; few do dispute.
Impose design so ill thought-out
is bitter, poison fruit,
fruitless to rant, rage, pull hair out,
gloom looms, dooms new recruit.
If beauty lies beholders eyes
seem somewhat up the spout,
who lies lies hue, deep blue surprise
sees red, 'nough said: bail out!
(28 March 2013)
Jonathan ROBIN's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Kevin Revamped Beta IV by Jonathan ROBIN )
- Clean India Campaign, Dr John Celes
- Holy Journey, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- MISSION, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- Life's Numbers, Randy McClave
- Imagining Love, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Hunted, Mae AC.
- 13 April 2014, Shri R Brahma
- 7 Aprl 2014, Shri R Brahma
- 25 March 2014, Shri R Brahma
- Walking the Dog, Kaila George
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)