(brief renderings) Joe Fazio
Hope, anything that one wants, and at
the moment of 'hope' they do not have.
If hope were a feeling, I would hope,
it be one of honesty and integrity.
I would hope it would be love and empathy.
If hope were a food, I would hope it
would be filled with nourishment.
If hope were music, I would hope, it
was the kind of music, that you loved.
If hope were a sound, I would hope it
would by a symphony of love.
If hope were a religion, I would hope it
was your religion. For as we all know,
the 'right religion' is one that you
believe in. For to think ones religion
is 'the right and only religion'
that would make billions of others,
who did not believe in your religion...wrong.
All religions, if one truly believes in
them, are the right ones.
If hope were belief, then I would hope,
that belief would be, that there is one
Supreme Being; who is by-lingual and
of all faiths, and all creeds and colors.
If hope were knowledge, I would hope,
it had patience, understanding, the
ability of comprehending the other
persons point of view. I would also hope,
that it had an unquenchable thirst,
to continue to learn by experience and
If hope could be seen, I would hope, all
would see, the good in their fellow man.
If hope were a wish, I would hope
that all your dreams, and ambitions
If hope were you...if hope were me, I
would hope, we never lost sight of
those less fortunate. I would hope
we would never be so self-centered
or busy, that we neglected to extend
a helping hand, to those in need.
Finally if you hope this ends, let me
conclude by saying....
If hope were a human, I would hope, that it
realized, that if we want a better world,
then we have to be better ourselves.
© Joe Fazio
(brief renderings) Joe Fazio's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Keep Dreaming... by (brief renderings) Joe Fazio )
- Toytown, lee fones
- The Man who would not be King, John F. McCullagh
- What we love about the welsh valleys, David Boyce
- Humans and Daffodils, David Boyce
- We are going to Treherbert, David Boyce
- Beautiful valleys, David Boyce
- Dust Devils, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The Threat To My Love, Claude Simpson
- Core Of Mistrust, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Motive Is The Focus, Lawrence S. Pertillar
Poem of the Day
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(1886 - 1967)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)