(brief renderings) Joe Fazio
Hope, anything that one wants, and at
the moment of 'hope' they do not have.
If hope were a feeling, I would hope,
it be one of honesty and integrity.
I would hope it would be love and empathy.
If hope were a food, I would hope it
would be filled with nourishment.
If hope were music, I would hope, it
was the kind of music, that you loved.
If hope were a sound, I would hope it
would by a symphony of love.
If hope were a religion, I would hope it
was your religion. For as we all know,
the 'right religion' is one that you
believe in. For to think ones religion
is 'the right and only religion'
that would make billions of others,
who did not believe in your religion...wrong.
All religions, if one truly believes in
them, are the right ones.
If hope were belief, then I would hope,
that belief would be, that there is one
Supreme Being; who is by-lingual and
of all faiths, and all creeds and colors.
If hope were knowledge, I would hope,
it had patience, understanding, the
ability of comprehending the other
persons point of view. I would also hope,
that it had an unquenchable thirst,
to continue to learn by experience and
If hope could be seen, I would hope, all
would see, the good in their fellow man.
If hope were a wish, I would hope
that all your dreams, and ambitions
If hope were you...if hope were me, I
would hope, we never lost sight of
those less fortunate. I would hope
we would never be so self-centered
or busy, that we neglected to extend
a helping hand, to those in need.
Finally if you hope this ends, let me
conclude by saying....
If hope were a human, I would hope, that it
realized, that if we want a better world,
then we have to be better ourselves.
© Joe Fazio
(brief renderings) Joe Fazio's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Keep Dreaming... by (brief renderings) Joe Fazio )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Mitchell Gonzalez
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Police Car, Mitchell Gonzalez
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- A Visit from St. Nicholas, Clement Clarke Moore
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
Poem of the Day
- My Little Bird, Alfred Oyori
- Regret, Damian Murphy
- Helpless reasonings, Howard MacDougall
- The first Flight, michael hagwood
- Fake, RJP Patterson
- Bee Bathes In Bliss, Saiom Shriver
- Merry Christmas, lee fones
- Searching For Convictions, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Not Strong Enough, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Past Woes, Naveed Akram