Karma is a hypothesis.
No event will occur without a cause.
The law of cause and effect is the one
That governs all phenomena present.
To this law obey all forces of nature.
Under the sway of law of causation,
There is no room for accident or chance.
Chances and accidents are the products
Of some causes beyond our faculty.
Karma theory is born of this law.
One falls on its next, which falls on its next
And thus the effect passes on and on
And affects the one from whom it took off.
Karma theory is a hypothesis.
Yet it is a powerful weapon to wage
Against wrong doings in most religions.
Let us believe it and behave well.
Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.'s Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Karma is a hypothesis. by Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar. )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou