Karma is a hypothesis.
No event will occur without a cause.
The law of cause and effect is the one
That governs all phenomena present.
To this law obey all forces of nature.
Under the sway of law of causation,
There is no room for accident or chance.
Chances and accidents are the products
Of some causes beyond our faculty.
Karma theory is born of this law.
One falls on its next, which falls on its next
And thus the effect passes on and on
And affects the one from whom it took off.
Karma theory is a hypothesis.
Yet it is a powerful weapon to wage
Against wrong doings in most religions.
Let us believe it and behave well.
Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.'s Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Karma is a hypothesis. by Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar. )
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.44, Monk E. Biz
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.43, Monk E. Biz
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ v.42, Monk E. Biz
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.41, Monk E. Biz
- Conflict, SALINI NAIR
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.40, Monk E. Biz
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.39, Monk E. Biz
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ v.38, Monk E. Biz
- Changes, Tex T Sarnie
- Mankind, Tex T Sarnie
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
James Whitcomb Riley
(7 October 1849 - 22 July 1916)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)