Marites C. Cayetano
Kabayaran (w/english 'the Price')
ang kaya mong akyatin?
ang kaya mong languyin?
ang kaya mong palayain?
ang kaya mong iparinig? ...
Kaibigan, kahit minsan
mga pangyayari'y nakakabaliw
kailangan mong manatiling nakatayo
kailangan mong manatiling matatag
sapagkat yaan ang kabayaran
sa buhay mong tinanggap
mula sa nagbigay.
How many mountains
can you climb?
How many oceans
can you swim?
How much tears
can you release?
How many laughters
can you make people hear?
My friend, though sometimes
things are making you crazy
you have to remain standing
you have to remain strong
for it is the price
for the life you receive
from the one who gives.
Marites C. Cayetano's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Kabayaran (w/english 'the Price') by Marites C. Cayetano )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1895 - 1985)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
Poem of the Day
- lux et umbra, Ann Dow
- S.O.S., Sandra Feldman
- Something is in the House, Sarah Liz Bowman
- Tragedy and Comedy, Eugene Levich
- Bound to thaw, george albot
- Not Obligated To Offer Options, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- The taste of love, JJ Evendon
- Greeting Cards, Sara Fielder
- The Lorry From The North, Tony Adah
- Father's Admonition, Tony Adah