JUSTIN'S TSUNAMI... APRIL 9TH,2013
Is there a Liberal tsunami coming our way from somewhere?
With Justin riding the big wave and Conservatives don’t care?
Because they are entrenched and they are now the establishment,
But they should heed Justin’s Liberal accomplishments.
Because Justin is coming over the hill with Liberal splendor,
Has he said anything remarkable lately that you can remember?
What will he change in our so-called Ottawa democracy?
Is this another illusion or more Liberal hypocrisy?
Without death-with-dignity or binding referendums,
But we can’t vote for a PM by name or memorandum,
And you can’t elect a senator or governor general but who knew?
And without compulsory voting but there’s no reason to feel blue.
Could Justin mention these flaws or is he one of them too?
Already part of the Ottawa establishment but again; who knew?
If he could say something; anything that he might change,
Justin: think binding referendums and DWD and we’ll arrange.
James Bredin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (JUSTIN'S TSUNAMI... APRIL 9TH,2013 by James Bredin )
- The Crosse Of Christ, Sir Walter Raleigh
- Love is complete, gajanan mishra
- When you know God, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- A Hymn, Sir Henry Wotton
- Raja Ravi Varma, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Psalm CIV, Sir Henry Wotton
- Friendship, Afshan Fatima
- Shaking Off The Finger Tip, Is It Poetry
- Golden Glow, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- A Prayer, Nicholas Breton
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Emmonsail's Heath in Winter, John Clare
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- A Fairy Song, William Shakespeare
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)