JUSTIN'S TSUNAMI... APRIL 9TH,2013
Is there a Liberal tsunami coming our way from somewhere?
With Justin riding the big wave and Conservatives don’t care?
Because they are entrenched and they are now the establishment,
But they should heed Justin’s Liberal accomplishments.
Because Justin is coming over the hill with Liberal splendor,
Has he said anything remarkable lately that you can remember?
What will he change in our so-called Ottawa democracy?
Is this another illusion or more Liberal hypocrisy?
Without death-with-dignity or binding referendums,
But we can’t vote for a PM by name or memorandum,
And you can’t elect a senator or governor general but who knew?
And without compulsory voting but there’s no reason to feel blue.
Could Justin mention these flaws or is he one of them too?
Already part of the Ottawa establishment but again; who knew?
If he could say something; anything that he might change,
Justin: think binding referendums and DWD and we’ll arrange.
James Bredin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (JUSTIN'S TSUNAMI... APRIL 9TH,2013 by James Bredin )
(30 June 1911 – 14 August 2004)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Dante Gabriel Rossetti
(12 May 1828 – 9 April 1882)
(22 August 1893 - 7 June 1967)
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Christmas Carol, Sara Teasdale
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- A Question, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Ring Out , Wild Bells, Alfred Lord Tennyson
Poem of the Day
- Changing Positions, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Elevated Insight, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Teach them to love, Lubinda Lubinda
- Beyond The Ordinary, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- the comical dilemma with commas, Bull Hawking
- Hitler: A Life Immersed in Hypocrisy, Paul Hartal
- Creative Interests, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Villanelle: No curse worse than the plac.., T (no first name) Wignesan
- Sense Of Fulfillment, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- here workin' for hugs on Christmas eve, Bull Hawking