I just collapse down,
After taking a medicine.
Full of darkness surrounded me
Heaviness closed my eyes.
Irritating sound covered all over my head.
But can listen to all
I thought I will never get up
My mothers cries, worried me much.
Neighbours panicked voice I could hear
I lay there for half an hour
Many tried different remedies on me,
All I could feel.
Next I remember I was in hospital.
Did she had anything?
If I could open my eyes and tell
I could hear everything.
Darkness all around
A horrible sound running in my head
Heaviness of my eyelids
I felt so helpless.
I lay there as good as lifeless.
If I could tell my crying mother
That I am Ok.
Helplessness laid me like dead.
I felt I will never open my eyes
May be the death knocked my door.
I thought if its God's will
I am ready for it.
Few hours later
I opened my eyes
My mother was crying bitterly
Smiled returned on her face
Her kisses showered me were of love and concern.
My mother words were very often
Don't go ever before me.
How to forget those painful moments
I was surrounded by doctor
And dear neighbours,
Who waited for me to open my eyes.
A word of thanks is not enough
But I can pray for them.
May be their pryers have
Brought me back.
©ALL RIGHTS RESERVED BY GEETHA JAYAKUMAR 2014
Geetha Jayakumar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Just Unconscious! by Geetha Jayakumar )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Preface To A Twenty Volume Suicide Note, Imamu Amiri Baraka
- Out, Out, Robert Frost
- Barter, Sara Teasdale
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Changing Everything, Jane Hirshfield
- If Thou Of Fortune Be Bereft, John Greenleaf Whittier
- Mid-Term Break, Seamus Heaney
Poem of the Day
- Bless You Always, Michael P. McParland
- ' The Misunderstanding Of Poetry..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Earth's work of heart, Roann Mendriq
- Poem for Gushungo, Wensislaus Mbirimi
- A Cheaper Way To Fly, Darren Hobson
- Dear Lonely Animal,, Oni Buchanan
- And The World, Darren Hobson
- Heaven Must Be A Lonely Place, Derek Brendish
- all at once..., ging taping
- Could I Walk Alone?, Derek Brendish