I just collapse down,
After taking a medicine.
Full of darkness surrounded me
Heaviness closed my eyes.
Irritating sound covered all over my head.
But can listen to all
I thought I will never get up
My mothers cries, worried me much.
Neighbours panicked voice I could hear
I lay there for half an hour
Many tried different remedies on me,
All I could feel.
Next I remember I was in hospital.
Did she had anything?
If I could open my eyes and tell
I could hear everything.
Darkness all around
A horrible sound running in my head
Heaviness of my eyelids
I felt so helpless.
I lay there as good as lifeless.
If I could tell my crying mother
That I am Ok.
Helplessness laid me like dead.
I felt I will never open my eyes
May be the death knocked my door.
I thought if its God's will
I am ready for it.
Few hours later
I opened my eyes
My mother was crying bitterly
Smiled returned on her face
Her kisses showered me were of love and concern.
My mother words were very often
Don't go ever before me.
How to forget those painful moments
I was surrounded by doctor
And dear neighbours,
Who waited for me to open my eyes.
A word of thanks is not enough
But I can pray for them.
May be their pryers have
Brought me back.
©ALL RIGHTS RESERVED BY GEETHA JAYAKUMAR 2014
Geetha Jayakumar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Just Unconscious! by Geetha Jayakumar )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Love, Sarah Flower Adams
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Acquainted with the Night, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- When your Birthday Falls on Christmas..., Dr John Celes
- Me, Myself, Tex T Sarnie
- For to Be A Poetess, I Left My Husband, .., Bijay Kant Dubey
- बैसागु, Ronjoy Brahma
- Chassis, Alice Cordy
- My Time On The Mountain, Orlando Belo
- A Degree of Intensity, Daniel Brick
- Oh, This Age of Self-propaganda And Publ.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- हारिनि इयुना जोँनि आखायावनो, Ronjoy Brahma
- The Honey Bee, Paul Sebastian