Lawrence S. Pertillar
Just In Seconds
Just in seconds those kept pretentions,
Can be swept away in horrific winds.
And those teasured 'things',
One collects to maintain impressions to address...
Can be demolished quickly to leave nothing left,
As if they had never existed.
Difficult it is to live a life that is suddenly subjected
By the effects that has one facing a climate...
Oppressed overwhelmingly by depression.
And people with their biased opinions grieve,
To experience a jolt of instant reality.
With belief they can rebuild and restore delusions,
That will allow them to continue to prioritize a self interest...
Living in divisions and conflicts they've implemented,
Without learning from lessons to respect and protect...
All humanity with that as the message witnessed by disasters.
And behind them to sift through an abundance of a nothingness.
Like those accustomed to a life of hunger and homelessness.
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Just In Seconds by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Bombs And Rain, Kyle Schlicher
- Prime Reasoning, F. J. Thomas
- Lets Try Again (Secret Message Poem), Ronald Chapman
- Let's Make Those Sad Tears Disappear (Se.., Ronald Chapman
- Hide and Seek, Dean Meredith
- In Rum, Beer, Brandy, Whiskey, See I My .., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Let's Climb A Mountain, Ronald Chapman
- Learning to Live, Ronald Chapman
- Laundry Day (Haiku), Ronald Chapman
- The Lamb (Children's Poetry), Ronald Chapman