Just Hope and a Dream
When my darling asks me how much I love her what will I say?
Will I think of all the times I held sorrow and loneliness at bay?
Will I think of all the times my heart was broken before?
Will I be at a loss for words and succumb to using a metaphor?
No, maybe on a mountain we will kiss, together lost in a moment of bliss.
No, maybe in the sea, our hearts will realize that we are meant to be.
But I am here now, with just hope and dream,
Giggles and flirting might be less than they seem.
But hope burns defiantly in my chest,
I will give her nothing but my best.
Andrew Hinton's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Just Hope and a Dream by Andrew Hinton )
- I Could Be Out In The Rain, Sharada Kuchibhotla
- Equations: Friend Or Enemy, Guess Who
- Waiting for Dawn, Somanathan Iyer
- Confidence, Somanathan Iyer
- Doodling Without Purpose, Margaret Alice Second
- Nine persons are exempted from the disci.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Why like this?, Somanathan Iyer
- Humans we are!, Somanathan Iyer
- Summer, Naveed Khalid
- Ode To Love II, Naveed Khalid