Just For Attention
Lubricated salt soaks into a cotton t-shirt
Better than flesh.
Acknowledge the honesty
I ask them anyway.
"You're an idiot." She says.
"You just want attention.
I won't fall for this trick.
Knock it off with the
Poor, poor, me shit."
There's no poetic quality
To her words. So why put them here?
For if my romance and touch
Equate to idiotic standards…so be it.
Attributing to my label,
I remind her
Of how I can make her laugh.
"You're not worth it."
Where do we go from here?
Time is more honest than anything.
No matter the passion acclaimed by suffering.
I have one month left here.
All the time I would've spent with her
Will now be spent thinking of her.
…That's why whiskey exists.
A.j. Binash's Other Poems
Topic(s): love and pain
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Just For Attention by A.j. Binash )
- - -My Dear- -, Ali Sabry
- - I Love You With All My Heart O My Fair.., Ali Sabry
- - I Love You Blind-, Ali Sabry
- - -I Have Chosen You From Among The Beau.., Ali Sabry
- - -I Forgave All My Heart I Forgave- -, Ali Sabry
- - I'm Sitting On Your Lap Warm Finally-, Ali Sabry
- - I Love You All-, Ali Sabry
- - -My Dear Dear- -, Ali Sabry
- - My Poem To My Lovely Beauty Lady After.., Ali Sabry
- - My beautiful lovely lady-, Ali Sabry
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Woman's Last Word, Robert Browning
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Farewell, Anne Brontë
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)