Just For Attention
Lubricated salt soaks into a cotton t-shirt
Better than flesh.
Acknowledge the honesty
I ask them anyway.
"You're an idiot." She says.
"You just want attention.
I won't fall for this trick.
Knock it off with the
Poor, poor, me shit."
There's no poetic quality
To her words. So why put them here?
For if my romance and touch
Equate to idiotic standards…so be it.
Attributing to my label,
I remind her
Of how I can make her laugh.
"You're not worth it."
Where do we go from here?
Time is more honest than anything.
No matter the passion acclaimed by suffering.
I have one month left here.
All the time I would've spent with her
Will now be spent thinking of her.
…That's why whiskey exists.
A.j. Binash's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Just For Attention by A.j. Binash )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- "Hope" is the thing with feathers, Emily Dickinson
- Sciences Take xx xxx xx Original .., Lee Mack
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
Poem of the Day
- Moving Out, Adriana Avila
- The Main Ingredient, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Missing From Action, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- 12 Poems (English) from the Poetry Hat, sheena blackhall
- Owl & Handbag, sheena blackhall
- Lighthouse, sheena blackhall
- Human Touch, Mark R Slaughter
- Fishing Village, sheena blackhall
- Skull, Mark R Slaughter
- La Plonge, sheena blackhall