Julia Mary McCabe
In our family Julia Mary and Sheila are one of the same
She is Duggan by birth and McCabe now by name
Kind and generous she would help you if she could
We feel proud of our Sheila in her so much good.
More than four decades ago she married Myles McCabe from Monaghan in New York far away
From her Hometown of Millstreet and her Homeplace of Claraghatlea
A good mother to John, Mary and Catherine and to Myles a good wife
We feel proud of our Sheila and her achievements in life.
On June the seventh she celebrates her seventieth a milestone birthday
She deserves to be feted and of her one can say
That she is one who has passed the good person test
As a wife, mother and Grandmother one of the best.
Her praises do surely deserve to be sung
The eldest of the girls of our family I still see her as young
And young in my memory she will always remain
Cycling to Millstreet convent in the wind and the rain.
Named after our paternal Grandmother Julia in Lisnaboy
Her young years in Claraghatlea she did enjoy
She is the eldest of the girls of our family
Our sister Julia Mary still Sheila to me.
Francis Duggan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Julia Mary McCabe by Francis Duggan )
Did you read them?
- A Bystander, Sibghatullah Khan
- A Leaf of Small Boat, Rose Lu ( Bing hua )
- Forget Forgive Focus Follow and have Fai.., Dimitri Jagodinski
- I Wrote Too Much, Shalom Freedman
- If You are Sad, Turn the Pages, Hebert Logerie
- Time Flies, Tony Adah
- The Troika's Gone, sasha yarlexolnikov
- I Am as Dull as Everyday, Sara Fielder
- Vendémiaire Wednesdays, sasha yarlexolnikov
- Incandescent Drapes, sasha yarlexolnikov