Julia Mary McCabe
In our family Julia Mary and Sheila are one of the same
She is Duggan by birth and McCabe now by name
Kind and generous she would help you if she could
We feel proud of our Sheila in her so much good.
More than four decades ago she married Myles McCabe from Monaghan in New York far away
From her Hometown of Millstreet and her Homeplace of Claraghatlea
A good mother to John, Mary and Catherine and to Myles a good wife
We feel proud of our Sheila and her achievements in life.
On June the seventh she celebrates her seventieth a milestone birthday
She deserves to be feted and of her one can say
That she is one who has passed the good person test
As a wife, mother and Grandmother one of the best.
Her praises do surely deserve to be sung
The eldest of the girls of our family I still see her as young
And young in my memory she will always remain
Cycling to Millstreet convent in the wind and the rain.
Named after our paternal Grandmother Julia in Lisnaboy
Her young years in Claraghatlea she did enjoy
She is the eldest of the girls of our family
Our sister Julia Mary still Sheila to me.
Francis Duggan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Julia Mary McCabe by Francis Duggan )
Did you read them?
- Particular Not Peculiar, Birgitta Heikka
- Ferguson, A Day to Remember, Chenou Liu
- Fractured Time, Vivian Thompson
- Random Thought X, Savita Tyagi
- << Grey, Abdul Wahab
- Monday to Friday, Charlotte Cassanell
- Moner pakhi, ramesh rai
- Little White Angels, Kelly Zion
- A Plantation Triangle, Birgitta Heikka
- In With The Crowd, Denis Martindale
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Trees, Joyce Kilmer
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Richard Cory, Edwin Arlington Robinson
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)