Eyes recollect facts, won't forget,
store, integrate, restore on cue,
respond beyond horizons flecked
with amber, honey, turquoise, blue,
can juggle concepts pole to pole.
From fears unmet to hopes as yet
unanswered [s]he advances through
fields full of feelings most neglect,
or, worse, reject as threat unto
their omnipresent self-control.
The optic nerve, cone, baton decked,
free from Bell's Palsy, signals to
the brain correcting each defect,
synapses jumped as kangaroo,
help understand life's parabole.
Free to connect to cause/effect,
eyes catalyze, pursue, review,
insight may fancy's flights project
anticipate inventions new
strange spun to change fun future's role.
Where most fears fret, impatient bet
on overlooked, uncertain clue,
there joy elects to intersect
causal rainbows few see through,
connecting halves to make true whole.
Beyond appearances sights set,
explore new interactions to
key into every side effect
induced by links or pattern flow
which show dimensions which may role
reverse as juggler can collect
multi-coloured palette. Who
decodes expects to recollect.
the ways life's [t]issues link into
weird causal web which rigmarole
appears to most who swift forget
truths taught, who, vain, vain dreams pursue.
Experience learns to expect
perspectives, twists and insights new,
surrenders search for strict control.
Strife, blunders, debt, aside set, whet
the appetite for wonders too
diverse to mention, silhouette
may by mind's eye be conjured to
image sublime, life's cherry bowl.
Jonathan ROBIN's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Juggler by Jonathan ROBIN )
- In Living Memory (11-22-63), John F. McCullagh
- Music, Fatima Nusairat
- what swanky sap is this?, Mandolyn ...
- Natural, David Chap Bottoms
- I end poem, hasmukh amathalal
- here's my armadillo, now get me a pillow.., Mandolyn ...
- A, Vera Sidhwa
- With her ability, hasmukh amathalal
- Inhuman way, hasmukh amathalal
- THERE IS…, michael walkerjohn
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Farewell Love and All Thy Laws Forever, Sir Thomas Wyatt
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
William Carlos Williams
(17 September 1883 – 4 March 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Alexander Sergeyevich Pushkin
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)