Eyes recollect facts, won't forget,
store, integrate, restore on cue,
respond beyond horizons flecked
with amber, honey, turquoise, blue,
can juggle concepts pole to pole.
From fears unmet to hopes as yet
unanswered [s]he advances through
fields full of feelings most neglect,
or, worse, reject as threat unto
their omnipresent self-control.
The optic nerve, cone, baton decked,
free from Bell's Palsy, signals to
the brain correcting each defect,
synapses jumped as kangaroo,
help understand life's parabole.
Free to connect to cause/effect,
eyes catalyze, pursue, review,
insight may fancy's flights project
anticipate inventions new
strange spun to change fun future's role.
Where most fears fret, impatient bet
on overlooked, uncertain clue,
there joy elects to intersect
causal rainbows few see through,
connecting halves to make true whole.
Beyond appearances sights set,
explore new interactions to
key into every side effect
induced by links or pattern flow
which show dimensions which may role
reverse as juggler can collect
multi-coloured palette. Who
decodes expects to recollect.
the ways life's [t]issues link into
weird causal web which rigmarole
appears to most who swift forget
truths taught, who, vain, vain dreams pursue.
Experience learns to expect
perspectives, twists and insights new,
surrenders search for strict control.
Strife, blunders, debt, aside set, whet
the appetite for wonders too
diverse to mention, silhouette
may by mind's eye be conjured to
image sublime, life's cherry bowl.
Jonathan ROBIN's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Juggler by Jonathan ROBIN )
- After the apocalypse, Lev Brekhman
- A natural force, Lev Brekhman
- Womenfolk, Lev Brekhman
- Make time pass, Lev Brekhman
- Foxtrot, Lev Brekhman
- Unbounded, Lev Brekhman
- theory of love, maharshi trivedi
- I Have Loved and Been Loved, Frank Avon
- The Absurd Nightmare, Jasbir Chatterjee
- Will You Read My Poem, Sir?, Bijay Kant Dubey
Poem of the Day
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Being With You, Heather Burns
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- The Brook, Alfred Lord Tennyson
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Heather Burns
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
William Ernest Henley
(1849 - 1902)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)