My friend, why do you act
So self-conscious all the time?
Why are you afraid of people
Judging you as they come to talk to you?
Why are you so self-conscious around
Me, as well, when you think you
Did something stupid or of the sort?
My friend, you don't need to be
So self-conscious all the time,
You don't need to worry.
The truth is that no one is judging you,
No one has a single thought about you.
We all accept you for who you are,
We all care about you,
We all care about your feelings.
You do not need to worry.
I have told you many a time
That I am not judging you
Because of who you are.
I care about you, and I want
You to be happy. I don't judge
People until I get to know them
Or if someone is mean to me.
You have not done the latter,
And you have proven yourself
To be the nicest person or
One of them in the entire world.
You do not need to worry,
For we accept you for who you are.
Just let go of your self-consciousness,
And be happy, which is all I want.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Judgement by Justin Reamer )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Percy Bysshe Shelley
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- RAINBOW, RAJNI CHHABRA
- Deep and sank, hasmukh amathalal
- Odia Poem- SAMAYA, Jitendra seth
- आंनि लोगोफ्रा आंनि खोथाखौ बुजिया, Ronjoy Brahma
- Peace in the air, Vidura Prabhath
- Odia Poem- To Apekshyare mu, Jitendra seth
- आंनि बोरै गोरोन्थि जाखो, Ronjoy Brahma
- Odia Poem- JHADA, Jitendra seth
- Gratitude, Mallika Achuthan Menon
- My Thoughts, Michael P. McParland