My friend, why do you act
So self-conscious all the time?
Why are you afraid of people
Judging you as they come to talk to you?
Why are you so self-conscious around
Me, as well, when you think you
Did something stupid or of the sort?
My friend, you don't need to be
So self-conscious all the time,
You don't need to worry.
The truth is that no one is judging you,
No one has a single thought about you.
We all accept you for who you are,
We all care about you,
We all care about your feelings.
You do not need to worry.
I have told you many a time
That I am not judging you
Because of who you are.
I care about you, and I want
You to be happy. I don't judge
People until I get to know them
Or if someone is mean to me.
You have not done the latter,
And you have proven yourself
To be the nicest person or
One of them in the entire world.
You do not need to worry,
For we accept you for who you are.
Just let go of your self-consciousness,
And be happy, which is all I want.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Judgement by Justin Reamer )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Ella Wheeler Wilcox
(5 November 1850 - 30 October 1919)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Robert William Service
(16 January 1874 - 11 September 1958)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Anecdote of the Jar, Wallace Stevens
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Three Kings, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Indian Weavers, Sarojini Naidu
Poem of the Day
- First Encounter - Tan Sri Clement Hii, john tiong chunghoo
- I Chose To Mickey With The Mouse, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Honey-Bee Lover, Paul Sebastian
- How real is This Truth?, michael walkerjohn
- What Bhagavad Gita is not, Bashyam Narayanan
- Sold, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Pain, Pain Knows No Race, Hebert Logerie
- God's Hands Of Love, Tom Zart
- Alone, Samantha Gronn
- David, Casey Renee Kiser