My friend, why do you act
So self-conscious all the time?
Why are you afraid of people
Judging you as they come to talk to you?
Why are you so self-conscious around
Me, as well, when you think you
Did something stupid or of the sort?
My friend, you don't need to be
So self-conscious all the time,
You don't need to worry.
The truth is that no one is judging you,
No one has a single thought about you.
We all accept you for who you are,
We all care about you,
We all care about your feelings.
You do not need to worry.
I have told you many a time
That I am not judging you
Because of who you are.
I care about you, and I want
You to be happy. I don't judge
People until I get to know them
Or if someone is mean to me.
You have not done the latter,
And you have proven yourself
To be the nicest person or
One of them in the entire world.
You do not need to worry,
For we accept you for who you are.
Just let go of your self-consciousness,
And be happy, which is all I want.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Judgement by Justin Reamer )
- Casting Out My Worries To You, Monterio Hill
- The Initiation, Echezonachukwu Nduka
- Circular Cycle, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Unofficial Issues, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Closed, Annalee Hopkins Somerville
- Iridescent, Adriana Avila
- Arcadian, Kumarmani Mahakul
- A Hidden Angry, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- irritating rash, lee fones
- Feeling Love, Sandra Feldman
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- First Lesson, Philip Booth
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Sheldon Allan Silverstein
(September 25, 1930 – May 10, 1999)