My friend, why do you act
So self-conscious all the time?
Why are you afraid of people
Judging you as they come to talk to you?
Why are you so self-conscious around
Me, as well, when you think you
Did something stupid or of the sort?
My friend, you don't need to be
So self-conscious all the time,
You don't need to worry.
The truth is that no one is judging you,
No one has a single thought about you.
We all accept you for who you are,
We all care about you,
We all care about your feelings.
You do not need to worry.
I have told you many a time
That I am not judging you
Because of who you are.
I care about you, and I want
You to be happy. I don't judge
People until I get to know them
Or if someone is mean to me.
You have not done the latter,
And you have proven yourself
To be the nicest person or
One of them in the entire world.
You do not need to worry,
For we accept you for who you are.
Just let go of your self-consciousness,
And be happy, which is all I want.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Judgement by Justin Reamer )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- the sinful lover, RIC S. BASTASA
- retriever for a pet (very rough), lee fones
- Iraq in History, Ima Ryma
- the yes in me, RIC S. BASTASA
- Kalidasa, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- THE PRETTY SEA AND THE HARD ROCKS, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Venereus, Bruce Hayno
- without tears, RIC S. BASTASA
- When You Speak to Your God, Robert Kane
- Maiden Of Ekwensu, Chibueze Oscar Osuji