Join the Party
We fight together.
Stand up and shout together.
We march in lines with guns on our shoulder.
Left, right, left, right.
Each step synchronized. Uniform.
We think together.
Thoughts of destruction and genocide.
Of book burnings and marches.
Freedom and rebellion
We have no identities.
They have been stripped from us
along with our memories.
We are for them.
We are their creations.
Marionettes with artificial intelligence.
We look down upon individuals.
We shut them up. Kick them
until they bleed in the streets. Together.
And we welcome them back.
We always welcome.
We flash smiles together.
We fight together.
Zoe Guillory's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Join the Party by Zoe Guillory )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(23 June 1889 – 5 March 1966)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- The Boy Who Laughed At Santa Claus, Ogden Nash
- A Psalm of Life, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Bright Star, John Keats
Poem of the Day
- Loves Sweet Song, Michael P. McParland
- Love That Lasts, Michael P. McParland
- Love Comes, Michael P. McParland
- Loss Of Worth, Michael P. McParland
- Parking meater', george albot
- Lonely Nights, Michael P. McParland
- Loneliness Is An Option, Michael P. McParland
- Little Sexy Princess, Michael P. McParland
- You Are As It Is, Ifthekar Ifthi
- Yore Inn, Kim Barney