JIM POWELL - IN INSOLUBLE CRISIS
When mornin arrive, I manage a clean face to match the finely washed clothes fo the day. Make me feel I’m off to a good beginnin
But this seemingly fine risin has got me thinkin.
Ma mind just ain’t coherin…
I’ve been awake by a giant bird.
This ain’t no regula chip-chip birdie. I see it’s bigga than a hawk, but not as large as those runnin breakfast-fo-twenty-egged bird.
It like to stare. Its biddy eye always followin.
So I took on the decision of shuttin the drape.
Couldn’t hear the giant fla away, so I’m guessin it’s still waitin on somethin.
Hopin it’s gone by sun down.
What has got ma thoughts all scrambled, is ma respectable boss sayin there was no need of me bein at the shop. He said in calm sense – “Just this one week, Jim. The slowin down here allow me to discount a body labor. Take the time to RECUP. We’ll see you the followin Monday.”
“Recup! ” This ain’t no language that is to be used by a fine boss like himself.
What is I supposs to do in this house fo entia week? Weekend is fo restin, but mo time than that give idea fo laziness!
I supposs I can do some work on the house.
It’s a fine house, but could get some new color, new organizin…It would most certainly take me mo than two or three sun rise…This color is on this wall now fo well over ten year! It don’t look fresh. Now see, this neva botha me. Too much restin time give room fo craziness!
It sure could use organizin…puttin things from one place to anotha in a organized fashion. Nevermind that. Seem very foolish. Guess I can do a lot of composin. That’ll straighten up and out ma thoughts…
I hear wing-flap.
Jim Powell's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (JIM POWELL - IN INSOLUBLE CRISIS by Jim Powell )
- Thanks For What?, Liliana EL.
- Rosy Wind, Casey Jarrell
- Hate poem, Sahra Hussein
- Recalling, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Clear, dear!, Edward Kofi Louis
- A great continent, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Poetry Doesn't Work That Way, Sambanath Denis
- Serenity, for you I wish, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Verses pour slowly, Emmanuel George Cefai
- You'll Never Walk Alone, Oscar Hammerstein II
Poem of the Day
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Thing of Beauty (Endymion), John Keats
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)