JIM POWELL - IN INSOLUBLE CRISIS
When mornin arrive, I manage a clean face to match the finely washed clothes fo the day. Make me feel I’m off to a good beginnin
But this seemingly fine risin has got me thinkin.
Ma mind just ain’t coherin…
I’ve been awake by a giant bird.
This ain’t no regula chip-chip birdie. I see it’s bigga than a hawk, but not as large as those runnin breakfast-fo-twenty-egged bird.
It like to stare. Its biddy eye always followin.
So I took on the decision of shuttin the drape.
Couldn’t hear the giant fla away, so I’m guessin it’s still waitin on somethin.
Hopin it’s gone by sun down.
What has got ma thoughts all scrambled, is ma respectable boss sayin there was no need of me bein at the shop. He said in calm sense – “Just this one week, Jim. The slowin down here allow me to discount a body labor. Take the time to RECUP. We’ll see you the followin Monday.”
“Recup! ” This ain’t no language that is to be used by a fine boss like himself.
What is I supposs to do in this house fo entia week? Weekend is fo restin, but mo time than that give idea fo laziness!
I supposs I can do some work on the house.
It’s a fine house, but could get some new color, new organizin…It would most certainly take me mo than two or three sun rise…This color is on this wall now fo well over ten year! It don’t look fresh. Now see, this neva botha me. Too much restin time give room fo craziness!
It sure could use organizin…puttin things from one place to anotha in a organized fashion. Nevermind that. Seem very foolish. Guess I can do a lot of composin. That’ll straighten up and out ma thoughts…
I hear wing-flap.
Jim Powell's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (JIM POWELL - IN INSOLUBLE CRISIS by Jim Powell )
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(27 December 1797 – 15 February 1869)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Night Thought, William Wordsworth
- Inspiration, Henry David Thoreau
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- A Thing of Beauty (Endymion), John Keats
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
Poem of the Day
- Misunderstood, LLDr. Gyd
- Poem N8, Kristian Djordjanov
- Poem N7, Kristian Djordjanov
- Twilight of Love, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- Poem N6, Kristian Djordjanov
- Blesses Be, Clara Keiper
- Poem N5, Kristian Djordjanov
- Glowing Face, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- Times Of Yesterday, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Poem N4, Kristian Djordjanov