Jikon - April 2008
The script was well-crafted,
The main actors had rehearsed well
and smaller actors like me were expected
to just be around, to smile
and be politically correct.......
The top guns finally arrived
and the curtains went up....
The atmosphere became very tense
and we all shook hands and smiled nervously.
The much-awaited annual meeting began at last.
The main speaker started his presentation,
A few questions were raised,
Answers were given to some,
and excuses for others.
The farce finally ended
with plans and new projections.
The annual meeting ended at last
and the curtains came down....
The main actors walked out
and got into their luxury cars and departed
while smaller actors like me
trudged on the dusty road
towards the bus stop.
Jasbir Chatterjee's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Jikon - April 2008 by Jasbir Chatterjee )
- we are free to follow their rules. Is th.., jannella aryton
- Soul Sighter, michael walkerjohn
- I Don't Want To Be but I want to., Menkato Awomi
- Treasure Island, Akhtar Jawad
- I Love You- -II, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Burkhawalli, Tumhe Kis Karke Paya Ki Tum.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Do Not Forget, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Bade Miyan, Cchote Miyan Aur Bukhawalli, Bijay Kant Dubey
- z, Vera Sidhwa
- (A) Bio-Environ-P0em, Nyein Way
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- My Wishes, Yasmin Rubayo
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow