Jikon - April 2008
The script was well-crafted,
The main actors had rehearsed well
and smaller actors like me were expected
to just be around, to smile
and be politically correct.......
The top guns finally arrived
and the curtains went up....
The atmosphere became very tense
and we all shook hands and smiled nervously.
The much-awaited annual meeting began at last.
The main speaker started his presentation,
A few questions were raised,
Answers were given to some,
and excuses for others.
The farce finally ended
with plans and new projections.
The annual meeting ended at last
and the curtains came down....
The main actors walked out
and got into their luxury cars and departed
while smaller actors like me
trudged on the dusty road
towards the bus stop.
Jasbir Chatterjee's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Jikon - April 2008 by Jasbir Chatterjee )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Hacked Off, Phil Soar
- punch the clock if you can make a fist, Mandolyn ...
- Tom The Badger, Phil Soar
- NotVery PC, Phil Soar
- Disguise, Aparna Chatterjee
- WHITE: The colour of pride, Mohammed Rakibul Hossain
- Elimination of Stress and Strife in My L.., K J Force
- Philip's Philippines, Richard Thripp
- less, lee fones
- Boven de Mens'lijkheid, Madrason writer