Jezebel-The Sleeping Beauty (Part 6)
'Beautiful stalagmites and stalactites! ' 'Clayton, this cave has breath! '
Do you feel the air? ' 'The air movements are strong and prevent our death,
But they can extinguish the lamp.' To lead the way, he unrolled many feet
Of rope to mark their exit in case of being disoriented in this huge 'suite'.
They named the other one Queen's Chamber, because it was small.
It was a dim room, twenty feet high having a nice circular white wall.
After an amount of stooping, crawling, scooting, and squirming, while
Passing through damp trail ways over pits and breakdowns of the aisle,
Through tight keyholes, they reached a lake of water. Then, they have
Transported wood, to build a boat, and to explore the other part of the cave.
On the other side of the lake, they saw a room looking like a stone quarry.
After that, they recognized the finished stone house in its greatest glory.
They saw that the refreshments were served, consisting of tea, coffee,
And dressing, but the people weren't inside, yet. Surah took a toffee
And two of the numerous huge lamps hanging on the right cave's wall.
They heard a strong music and many loud voices coming from the ball.
' Imagine this, Clayton; we were bending, crawling to pass through
So many tight spaces in order to find that this cave is my sister's clue.'
'It's one single cave having two parts, which are separated by the lake.'
'Let's go home! ' said Surah maliciously smiling. 'Anne is a real snake! '
(Of course, Queen Anne was not a snake. The old castle was built around the cave and those two chambers were used to protect the kings and the queens all over the time. The legend of the beast was used to protect the other entrance in the cave during many wars taking place along the time.)
They were floating back until they reached the shore of the other side.
She dropped two lamps in the water, and left the boat being in a hurry to hide.
They blocked the entrance of the passage, and their lamp started to tingle.
Clayton bumped a paddle against the wall to pass, but it sounded like a jingle.
They opened the metal door, and then they climbed up the tower‘s stairs
To get into the secret room. There, they saw two beds, a table, and three chairs.
On the table, there was a golden little spindle being full of golden thread.
'They use this gilded altar to pray for Jezebel', said Surah turning her head.
To be continued.....
Marieta Maglas's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Jezebel-The Sleeping Beauty (Part 6) by Marieta Maglas )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Algernon Charles Swinburne
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 February 1970-)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- A Little While, Dante Gabriel Rossetti
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Jiske Dhun Par Duniya Nache, Kumar Vishwas
- Candadi Kelidara Vistara, Shishunala Sharif
- Anubhava Gitegalu, Shishunala Sharif
Poem of the Day
- Your Paradise Is Met, Naveed Akram
- Who Needs Rains In Heaven?, G. AKANJI OLANIYI
- Prevention is better than cure, Leong Ming Loong
- Twittering Among Feelings, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Living Passion, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Love Magic, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- Life Stretching, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Electric Love, Suresh Dogra
- Capturing An Awareness, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Letting Imagination Run, RoseAnn V. Shawiak