January 20th: My Birthday
Oh what a pleasant day!
Today marks the birthday of a legend
A legend in me.
My birthday falls on a Sunday
A very special day,
A day in which God rested off of his creation.
This is the day the Lord has made
And it is precious in my sight
For indeed I know I'm blessed.
Today is my birthday
Today is Sunday
Today rain falls for the very first time this year.
Is it not pleasant?
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (January 20th: My Birthday by Sam Adeyinka )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Poetry: A Small Fighting Bulldog, Laijon Liu
- Lights connect to each other, Mohammad Siddiqui
- My silent cry echoes through the universe, Mohammad Siddiqui
- Love keeps flowering and sometimes, Gert Strydom
- We sit on a balcony, Gert Strydom
- Cheap Shots, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- COPLA 69 INVOCATION: This Bad Guy World, T (no first name) Wignesan
- Days When The Darkness Is Greater Than T.., Shalom Freedman
- STORM IN A TEACUP, Philo Yan
- Never take anybody, gajanan mishra