It was time
Did you know
what was the time?
trapped in your own shadow,
you were yourself a fugitive.
Standing on the edge of
sunken earth, you were facing
an inevitable fall.
Do not take a flight, O time.
Walk with me. I did’t want
to lead you. Why were you
holding on to chaste buds. Birds
were gone. The gravitational
pull will find the targets.
Ah, the molested
intelligence, now wants, no compensation.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (It was time by Satish Verma )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- I Cannot At Will Summon The Tone Of Beauty, Shalom Freedman
- O, God, Neela Nath
- The Seed of Greatness, Silas Egbowon
- Metamorphosis, Musfiq us shaleheen
- Scent of the Rain, Steven Rhoads
- Limits to Eternity, The Princess
- Reflecting Shadows, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- What is love, gajanan mishra
- Women, Nassy Fesharaki
- Because of intimacy, gajanan mishra