I know I'm not liked and it's okay.
It still hurts,
but I'm not asking for anyone's approval.
I'm just here to say what I need to say.
To pour it out,
none of you have to get it,
I'm not well liked and understood by few.
It's okay though I persevere through,
the disapproval, indifference, and even hate.
It still hurts but I'll not be beaten down,
I'll continue on my way.
It's okay if I'm not respected,
or very well liked.
I won't let it rule me, stop me from my climb.
It's okay if you view me in a sour light.
That's your opinion of which you have every right.
I'll not attack or argue
your point of view I have no place or right
to disrespect you in that way no matter how it hurts.
I guess all I can say is
it may hurt me deeply and almost
bring tears to bursting,
they're on the surface but I will not fold.
I just want all of you to know that it's okay.
Michael McParland's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (It's Okay by Michael McParland )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
Emily Jane Brontë
(30 July 1818 – 19 December 1848)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Wanderer at the hills of freedom, ABAYOMI OGUNNIYI
- Expressing Self, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- JULEKALENDER # X, Gunnar Mo.
- Raise voice against terrorism and racism, Aftab Alam
- Passion, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- Immersing Self, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Hymn, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- Wrong Mountain!, David Lewis Paget
- A Hidden Haiku Legend, Merton Lee
- Improve image, hasmukh amathalal