It's Many Miles from Easy
It's many miles from easy to the end.
For some, the end is dawn. For others it's
the nightfall of imbroglio because
the end depends upon your ticket
and every ticket's punched one-way.
No round-trip tickets, save perhaps
for some who claim a mulligan,
who say they need another chance.
It's true that some may need a mulligan
if they leave without a destination,
while others know which port
they'll dock in. Or so they say.
When they arrive, however,
and find no hula skirts or leis,
they may gasp and cry, 'Who knew? '
while somewhere in the clouds
a blinking neon sign proclaims
it's many miles from easy to the end.
Donal Mahoney's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (It's Many Miles from Easy by Donal Mahoney )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- A Man's a Man for A' That, Robert Burns
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
Poem of the Day
- Republic day, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- The Heart of a Broken Hearted Girl, Serenity Anderson
- Black On White, Brian Johnston
- Experiencing Peace, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Have you lost your ways?, gajanan mishra
- Whose Fault is This?, Luo Zhihai
- Vibrations Of Spirituality, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- RAFA, douglas scotney
- Theoretically Squeaking, michael walkerjohn
- Interior Life's Library, RoseAnn V. Shawiak