It's Many Miles from Easy
It's many miles from easy to the end.
For some, the end is dawn. For others it's
the nightfall of imbroglio because
the end depends upon your ticket
and every ticket's punched one-way.
No round-trip tickets, save perhaps
for some who claim a mulligan,
who say they need another chance.
It's true that some may need a mulligan
if they leave without a destination,
while others know which port
they'll dock in. Or so they say.
When they arrive, however,
and find no hula skirts or leis,
they may gasp and cry, 'Who knew? '
while somewhere in the clouds
a blinking neon sign proclaims
it's many miles from easy to the end.
Donal Mahoney's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (It's Many Miles from Easy by Donal Mahoney )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- A Horrible Howl In A Winter Wonderland, Ryan Scales
- 21 Shades Of Blue Intertext Part 1: The .., Ryan Scales
- Poet Bound Sentenced Ancient Mariner Tides, Terence G. Craddock
- THE FACE OF THE BLOODY MASSACRES, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Cat Faces, Ryan Scales
- Far, Brandt Nightingale
- Have You Loved An Angel?, Ronald Chapman
- Tohum Dükkanı, Deniz Atay
- Forgetting My Father, Ryan Scales
- Remembering My Father, Ryan Scales