It's Many Miles from Easy
It's many miles from easy to the end.
For some, the end is dawn. For others it's
the nightfall of imbroglio because
the end depends upon your ticket
and every ticket's punched one-way.
No round-trip tickets, save perhaps
for some who claim a mulligan,
who say they need another chance.
It's true that some may need a mulligan
if they leave without a destination,
while others know which port
they'll dock in. Or so they say.
When they arrive, however,
and find no hula skirts or leis,
they may gasp and cry, 'Who knew? '
while somewhere in the clouds
a blinking neon sign proclaims
it's many miles from easy to the end.
Donal Mahoney's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (It's Many Miles from Easy by Donal Mahoney )
- অন্ধকার গলিতে একরাতে, Md. Ziaul Haque
- তবুও তোমায় ভালবাসি, Md. Ziaul Haque
- কিছু মধুর স্মৃতি, Md. Ziaul Haque
- মেঘের দেশে কি তুমি এখনও হারাও?, Md. Ziaul Haque
- The haze and mist., David Boyce
- ট্রেনের পরিত্যক্ত বোতল কুড়ানো ছেলেটি, Md. Ziaul Haque
- Conspiracy Theorists, Saiom Shriver
- Let the hands help the eyes, Nassy Fesharaki
- বৃদ্ধ বয়স, Md. Ziaul Haque
- Mama's Secret, Martina Moriarty
Poem of the Day
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- In Flanders Field, John McCrae
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)