It's A Disease
Prejudice is a disease.
Unlike deadly viruses;
West Nile and S.A.R.S
Prejudice does not harm you.
Prejudice is an alcohol,
that brain-washes you.
Makes you think some people
deserve less than you
because they are different.
Just because their skin colour is different
Or because they dress differently.
Maybe because of their differences in religion
or because of their difference in sexuality.
The truth is,
Prejudice may not be able to harm you,
But it is the deadliest disease that ever entered our planet.
It is this disease that gets people murdered,
and then some thrown in jail.
It is this disease that starts gangs against people who are different.
And it is this disease that has our world in a problem today.
So whatever you do,
Never let this disease into your body
or else you life will be gone-forever.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (It's A Disease by Niru Raj )
- Entrails, michael walkerjohn
- Bad luck and story, hasmukh amathalal
- 1 [Tears] (Neverending Poetry - Personal.., Lenny Orlando Camacho
- You're The Best..., Almedia Knight Oliver
- Only In My Dreams (Regional Korea), Ronald Chapman
- Being Realistic, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Countless tears., Marcondes Pereira
- Unrest Soul: Dark minds, Onyekachukwu Vincent Onyeche
- me &the dragon, gordon nosworthy
- A Free Mind, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Acquainted with the Night, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
(30 October 1885 – 1 November 1972)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)