Lawrence S. Pertillar
We are just but thought and pure energy.
That is all we are...
Living within an entity.
And the concept of God isn't a physical being at all.
It is a radiance of everything,
And we are the reflection upon this Earth...
It has installed.
This 'Ball' breathes, feeds, eats and sees.
God chose it to make us like 'them'.
Those that live within and outside of us.
And that is why our consciousness of 'It'...
Has to be lifted!
And the more we harm 'it' and its wishes...
The more we harm 'ourselves'!
And God wants us to connect with IT!
That's why it must be kept cherished.
That's why we must rise above our ignorance.
None of us are going back...
To inhabitate Mars!
We are where we are to be what and who we are,
And it lives!
Not to be controlled or ruled by us!
But we are very much controlled by it...
As it commands!
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (It Lives by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
- A Homage To The Freedom Fighters Of India, Raja Basu
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- A Red, Red Rose, Robert Burns
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- Elope, Salleh Chowdhury
- Journey's End, Raymond A. Foss
- Dimly Lighting The Way, Margaret Alice Second
- Threads of Her Journey, Raymond A. Foss
- A Journey of Treasure, Raymond A. Foss
- spinning 2 StAnd $tiLL - can i cHaRge it?, sEaN nOrTh
- un-nerves sh#t - sweet child of mime, sEaN nOrTh
- The Wise Man, Brian J. Stafford
- Cos Their Real Money 2, sEaN nOrTh
- Indian Republic Day,2015, Dr John Celes