Lawrence S. Pertillar
We are just but thought and pure energy.
That is all we are...
Living within an entity.
And the concept of God isn't a physical being at all.
It is a radiance of everything,
And we are the reflection upon this Earth...
It has installed.
This 'Ball' breathes, feeds, eats and sees.
God chose it to make us like 'them'.
Those that live within and outside of us.
And that is why our consciousness of 'It'...
Has to be lifted!
And the more we harm 'it' and its wishes...
The more we harm 'ourselves'!
And God wants us to connect with IT!
That's why it must be kept cherished.
That's why we must rise above our ignorance.
None of us are going back...
To inhabitate Mars!
We are where we are to be what and who we are,
And it lives!
Not to be controlled or ruled by us!
But we are very much controlled by it...
As it commands!
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (It Lives by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
- Unlocking Doors, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Without Shame, Gamier Dalet Mwaikoma
- Water's Tears, FOEVERAMI JOHNSON
- The Man With Fire In His Eyes, Kazuko Shiraishi
- Thursday, Frank Avon
- Uluru, Kazuko Shiraishi
- The Neverending Story, Elimar Pingkian
- Yellow Lake, Kazuko Shiraishi
- IF only I were A Dove!, FOEVERAMI JOHNSON
- Gust, Kazuko Shiraishi
Poem of the Day
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Home And Love, Robert William Service
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Snake, Theodore Roethke
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)