Lawrence S. Pertillar (February/'47 / Connecticut, USA)
We are just but thought and pure energy.
That is all we are...
Living within an entity.
And the concept of God isn't a physical being at all.
It is a radiance of everything,
And we are the reflection upon this Earth...
It has installed.
This 'Ball' breathes, feeds, eats and sees.
God chose it to make us like 'them'.
Those that live within and outside of us.
And that is why our consciousness of 'It'...
Has to be lifted!
And the more we harm 'it' and its wishes...
The more we harm 'ourselves'!
And God wants us to connect with IT!
That's why it must be kept cherished.
That's why we must rise above our ignorance.
None of us are going back...
To inhabitate Mars!
We are where we are to be what and who we are,
And it lives!
Not to be controlled or ruled by us!
But we are very much controlled by it...
As it commands!
Poet Other Poems
- ' The Freed of Getting Frisked at Your R...
- $10 a Gallon?
- $5 a Barrel of What?
- (Further Away) From The Year Two Thousan...
- (The) Benefit of Needless Conflict
- (The) Acceptance of a Nothingness
- (The) Bigger Lie
- (The) Depthness of This Kind of Introsp...
- (The) Fate of Fatal Lovers
- (The) Budding Grace of April
- ...and 'now' I lay me down to sleep
- '...I feel like I've been robbed! '
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.