Little King of Sorrows
It Just Is
The hardest thing I'll ever do, is giving up on loving you.
The hardest thing I've ever done, is admitting I'm the broken one.
The hardest thing I'll never show, the heart that beats your name below.
The hardest thing I'll never win, is a chance to hold you close again.
The dearest tears I'll ever shed, the ones we shared within my bed.
The dearest words I'll ever hear, ' Don't push him back, I need him here'
The dearest pain I'll never lose, felt with you through saddest news.
The dearest dream I'll never see, through heaven's gate you walk with me.
The greatest gift I've ever had, was the chance to make you smile when sad.
The greatest day I've ever known, when your love for me was truly shown.
The greatest play I'll never write, perfecting the dance I tried that night.
The greatest ride I'll never take, is another sail upon that lake.
The perfect flight I'll ever soar, the one in clouds we flew before.
The perfect way I'll ever live, Is sharing all my love to give.
The perfect love I'll never see, exist somewhere I cannot be.
The perfect wish I'll never make, is forcing something you won't take.
© 2013 L.K.Sorrows
Little King of Sorrows's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (It Just Is by Little King of Sorrows )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
William Carlos Williams
(17 September 1883 – 4 March 1963)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
Poem of the Day
- What is life we know not, gajanan mishra
- Liberties, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Somebody is Shooting Our Children, Hebert Logerie
- ★Alone, Luo Zhihai
- ★Alone, Luo Zhihai
- Alone,, Luo Zhihai
- To Masquerade With An Innocence, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Confession, Merton Lee
- My Dream, hugh everard
- Tell All, Lawrence S. Pertillar