Little King of Sorrows
It Just Is
The hardest thing I'll ever do, is giving up on loving you.
The hardest thing I've ever done, is admitting I'm the broken one.
The hardest thing I'll never show, the heart that beats your name below.
The hardest thing I'll never win, is a chance to hold you close again.
The dearest tears I'll ever shed, the ones we shared within my bed.
The dearest words I'll ever hear, ' Don't push him back, I need him here'
The dearest pain I'll never lose, felt with you through saddest news.
The dearest dream I'll never see, through heaven's gate you walk with me.
The greatest gift I've ever had, was the chance to make you smile when sad.
The greatest day I've ever known, when your love for me was truly shown.
The greatest play I'll never write, perfecting the dance I tried that night.
The greatest ride I'll never take, is another sail upon that lake.
The perfect flight I'll ever soar, the one in clouds we flew before.
The perfect way I'll ever live, Is sharing all my love to give.
The perfect love I'll never see, exist somewhere I cannot be.
The perfect wish I'll never make, is forcing something you won't take.
© 2013 L.K.Sorrows
Little King of Sorrows's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (It Just Is by Little King of Sorrows )
- Mourn the Mastodon, G. E. Gorfu
- The Phoenix, G. E. Gorfu
- What Shall I Serve You?, Valsa George
- Be Steady, Be Ready, Cindy Wyatt
- The Chasm, G. E. Gorfu
- I am born on the land, ramesh rai
- John Ashbery: Some Personal Reflections, Ron Price
- meet my new jabberwocky, Mandolyn ...
- 3: 41, Adam Groszeibl
- Filtrate, Akhtar Jawad
Poem of the Day
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Oh, the places you'll go!, Adens Kamwi
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- A Late Walk, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Mother to Son, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)