It Is So Cold Sweetie!
It is so cold Sweetie! Through the blue curtains in my office I can see the gloomy day outside. Cold air is whistling in the branches of the trees. Most things look just as gloomy as the day itself. Even the birds that normally chirp lovely tunes in the nearby trees are somehow quiet today.
It is so cold Sweetie! The chilly air still manages to get to me on my desk even when I have closed the windows. At home I kept the chilly air away by adding an extra blanket. But here my boss would not be amused if I came with the blanket. I wish my sweetie would come to warm me up with a hug.
It is so cold Sweetie! But wait a minute! I see an eagle gliding out there gracefully in the sky as usual. Not caring about the cold but overcoming it. I admire it's courage to face the cold and conquer it. Surely I can do better than just wish for a blanket or my sweetie’s hug. I will put my sweetie in my heart to warm me from inside.
No more shivering.
I feel warm with sweetie inside me! !
Nyota Yasulwe's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (It Is So Cold Sweetie! by Nyota Yasulwe )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Life-Lesson, James Whitcomb Riley
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
Poem of the Day
- Inanity (2014), MILTON STYNER
- Where once you stood, Edward Clapham
- Thou hast dove eyes, thou hast dove eyes., devon da poet
- Habits, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- CAN'T GET THERE., Terry Collett
- Blurred vision., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- One Hundred and Eleven Cranks, Mitchell Gonzalez
- Want Versus Need..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Why we quarrel., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Death in action., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..