It Is So Cold Sweetie!
It is so cold Sweetie! Through the blue curtains in my office I can see the gloomy day outside. Cold air is whistling in the branches of the trees. Most things look just as gloomy as the day itself. Even the birds that normally chirp lovely tunes in the nearby trees are somehow quiet today.
It is so cold Sweetie! The chilly air still manages to get to me on my desk even when I have closed the windows. At home I kept the chilly air away by adding an extra blanket. But here my boss would not be amused if I came with the blanket. I wish my sweetie would come to warm me up with a hug.
It is so cold Sweetie! But wait a minute! I see an eagle gliding out there gracefully in the sky as usual. Not caring about the cold but overcoming it. I admire it's courage to face the cold and conquer it. Surely I can do better than just wish for a blanket or my sweetie’s hug. I will put my sweetie in my heart to warm me from inside.
No more shivering.
I feel warm with sweetie inside me! !
Nyota Yasulwe's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (It Is So Cold Sweetie! by Nyota Yasulwe )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Mother to Son, Langston Hughes
- I, Too, Langston Hughes
- Let America be America Again, Langston Hughes
- April Rain Song, Langston Hughes
- I Dream A World, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Life Is Fine, Langston Hughes
- Cross, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- IN LIES! LIES THE WAY TO HELL, Michael P. Johnson
- La-di-da, Bill Galvin
- Labyrinth Of My Dream, Tony Adah
- Balance Your Soul, Lyn Paul
- A Happy and Sad Haiku, Merton Lee
- Plum blossoms, Wenjun Liu
- PH: Echo: Being At Choice, Brian Johnston
- I walked through your woods, Wenjun Liu
- Stray Reflection, Sunny Chopra
- Tagore Song (#13) When He comes to beg me, Tushar Ray