It Is So Cold Sweetie!
It is so cold Sweetie! Through the blue curtains in my office I can see the gloomy day outside. Cold air is whistling in the branches of the trees. Most things look just as gloomy as the day itself. Even the birds that normally chirp lovely tunes in the nearby trees are somehow quiet today.
It is so cold Sweetie! The chilly air still manages to get to me on my desk even when I have closed the windows. At home I kept the chilly air away by adding an extra blanket. But here my boss would not be amused if I came with the blanket. I wish my sweetie would come to warm me up with a hug.
It is so cold Sweetie! But wait a minute! I see an eagle gliding out there gracefully in the sky as usual. Not caring about the cold but overcoming it. I admire it's courage to face the cold and conquer it. Surely I can do better than just wish for a blanket or my sweetie’s hug. I will put my sweetie in my heart to warm me from inside.
No more shivering.
I feel warm with sweetie inside me! !
Nyota Yasulwe's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (It Is So Cold Sweetie! by Nyota Yasulwe )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- Splendid Colors of Life, Seema Chowdhury
- The Power of Silence, mark anthony st. rose
- White Marbles on Life's Floor, Seema Chowdhury
- Gift, Slavisa Bajcer
- There's Always Something New, Seema Chowdhury
- मेरी साँसो की कविता में, Lalit Kaira
- Heal and seal, hasmukh amathalal
- मैं एक फूल हूँ कांटो से, जिसकी नातेदार.., Aftab Alam
- When I'm crying, I'm not speaking, Susan Stewart
- Yesterday, Wendy Webb