It is pleasant to eliminate the gamblers!
Producing forest with greenery
…and digging water ponds is very pleasant!
Donating cows along with gold to the people
…who learnt and follow Vedic principles is also pleasant!
It is pleasant to eliminate the gamblers who stick to
…such career and words without slightest fear for doing sin!
Dr.V.K. Kanniappan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
This poem 'It is pleasant to eliminate the gamblers! ' is a translation of a poem from Tamil literature 'Iniyavai naaRpathu'
காவோ டறக்குளம் தொட்டல் மிகஇனிதே
ஆவோடு பொன்னீதல் அந்தணர்க்கு முன்இனிதே
பாவமும் அஞ்சாராய்ப் பற்றுந் தொழில்மொழிச்
சூதரைச் சோர்தல் இனிது.23 இனியவை நாற்பது
Comments about this poem (It is pleasant to eliminate the gamblers! by Dr.V.K. Kanniappan )
- Las Mariposas (the Butterflies), John F. McCullagh
- Hindsight coloured, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Practise dispassion., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Reichsbank Gold, Paul Hartal
- Ferguson Grand Jury, Is It Poetry
- The lost bliss, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Sonnet: Christmas,2014(Advance Greetings), Dr John Celes
- Thread of Communication, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- Harold Shipman's Crime, Jacob Mikael Matuszczak
- Thank You KP, Michael McParland
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Lament for Zenocrate, Christopher Marlowe
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)