It is pleasant to eliminate the gamblers!
Producing forest with greenery
…and digging water ponds is very pleasant!
Donating cows along with gold to the people
…who learnt and follow Vedic principles is also pleasant!
It is pleasant to eliminate the gamblers who stick to
…such career and words without slightest fear for doing sin!
Dr.V.K. Kanniappan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
This poem 'It is pleasant to eliminate the gamblers! ' is a translation of a poem from Tamil literature 'Iniyavai naaRpathu'
காவோ டறக்குளம் தொட்டல் மிகஇனிதே
ஆவோடு பொன்னீதல் அந்தணர்க்கு முன்இனிதே
பாவமும் அஞ்சாராய்ப் பற்றுந் தொழில்மொழிச்
சூதரைச் சோர்தல் இனிது.23 இனியவை நாற்பது
Comments about this poem (It is pleasant to eliminate the gamblers! by Dr.V.K. Kanniappan )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
Poem of the Day
- Love Note 17, Michael P. McParland
- Osho, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Many Third-Classers, Bijay Kant Dubey
- As A Man, I Hate The Fanatic The Most, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Bapu, In Your Memory, Bijay Kant Dubey
- The Mirth of William, James Merchant
- -Untitled- (2), Morgan Siegel
- The Short Ballad of Egg Boy, James Merchant
- Logic in Life, Jayatissa Liyanage
- - Lady Andrea on the meadowland, Giorgio A. V.