It is better to fail than to pass...
Those who have failed in the simple tests,
Are retained in the same class to take rest,
And they can try again to do their best,
Those who have passed the tests of good and evil,
Are promoted to the higher classes of tough and toil,
To take the tests of challenges to prove their tolerance.
Have we passed our tests to have been promoted,
Step by step, grade by grade to reach the top,
Have we failed our tests to retain at the same level,
To go through the same comfortable papers,
Many times in our life, as we haven't proved,
That we are not eligible even to pass the first grade,
Of notorious evil multiplication tables, hard to memorize,
We are retained in the same grade until we pass.
Those who have passed the tests of Gods, suffer the most,
Those who have failed the tests, may live in comfort.
veeraiyah subbulakshmi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (It is better to fail than to pass... by veeraiyah subbulakshmi )
Did you read them?
- I Need You, Diana Rose
- Farewell Mama, akachukwu chukwuemeka ( akab ..
- Love, Akhil Zoomin
- Accident and Emergency Unit, akachukwu chukwuemeka ( akab ..
- Long Lost Love, Marites C. Cayetano
- Likes, Holly Moon
- Living, Holly Moon
- Limerick-45, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- My Periphery, Holly Moon
- Memories, Holly Moon
Poem of the Day
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- November, Thomas Hood
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Would Live In Your Love, Sara Teasdale
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(8 August 1884 – 29 January 1933)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns