It happened like the oasis!
While the mother was feeding the child,
She used to tell the child, ‘you marry the Pandya King’!
While the child grew well into a teen beautiful girl,
She understood that it was imaginary and impossible!
It happened like the oasis in the backdrop
of the grove along the sea shore!
Dr.V.K. Kanniappan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
This poem 'It happened like the oasis! ' is a translation of a poem from Tamil literature 'MuththoLLAyiram'
குதலைப் பருவத்தே கோழிக்கோ மானை
வதுவை பெறுகென்றாள் அன்னை – அதுபோய்
விளைந்தவா இன்று வியன்கானல் வெண்தேர்த்
துலங்குநீர் மாமருட்டி அற்று.3 முத்தொள்ளாயிரம்
Comments about this poem (It happened like the oasis! by Dr.V.K. Kanniappan )
Did you read them?
- we are free to follow their rules. Is th.., jannella aryton
- Soul Sighter, michael walkerjohn
- I Don't Want To Be but I want to., Menkato Awomi
- Treasure Island, Akhtar Jawad
- I Love You- -II, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Burkhawalli, Tumhe Kis Karke Paya Ki Tum.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Do Not Forget, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Bade Miyan, Cchote Miyan Aur Bukhawalli, Bijay Kant Dubey
- z, Vera Sidhwa
- (A) Bio-Environ-P0em, Nyein Way
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- My Wishes, Yasmin Rubayo
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow