It Had Begun To Rain
On a blue canvas,
few patches of black and grey.
the sky is looking today.
Near that far end,
sun has almost set.
red and orange rays bend
from amidst the clouds.
The sky seems larger today,
is this magic of the grey?
Interrupted into my thoughts,
the whistle of the rail.
i almost didnt noticed
it had begun to rain.
JENIE FRANKSAY's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (It Had Begun To Rain by JENIE FRANKSAY )
- Dreamt Of You 3, Michael McParland
- That's When You Do It, douglas scotney
- Freedom in Love's Prison, Paul Hartal
- Gun Propaganda, Is It Poetry
- Silver Spoons, Mikey Bachman
- Perjury against the Innocent Punished by.., Dimitri Jagodinski
- Marital-Reciprocity, American-Style ......, Bri Edwards
- My Beloved Paula, Thomas Undertarn
- Much more (Rubliw), Gert Strydom
- I do know (Rubliw), Gert Strydom
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- The Lesson, Maya Angelou
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(22 March 1941 -)