It Had Begun To Rain
On a blue canvas,
few patches of black and grey.
the sky is looking today.
Near that far end,
sun has almost set.
red and orange rays bend
from amidst the clouds.
The sky seems larger today,
is this magic of the grey?
Interrupted into my thoughts,
the whistle of the rail.
i almost didnt noticed
it had begun to rain.
JENIE FRANKSAY's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (It Had Begun To Rain by JENIE FRANKSAY )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
- A Visit from St. Nicholas, Clement Clarke Moore
- If, Rudyard Kipling
Poem of the Day
- My Little Bird, Alfred Oyori
- Regret, Damian Murphy
- Helpless reasonings, Howard MacDougall
- The first Flight, michael hagwood
- Fake, RJP Patterson
- Bee Bathes In Bliss, Saiom Shriver
- Merry Christmas, lee fones
- Searching For Convictions, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Not Strong Enough, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Past Woes, Naveed Akram