Isolation, there's no one around,
Out in the boondocks,
So far from town.
Isolation, out on his own,
With no one around him,
And without a home.
Isolation, like a hermit of old,
Barefoot in summer,
And in winter so cold.
Isolation, with a stone cold face,
He's said his good-byes,
To the whole human race.
Isolation, he'll die in the wild,
With no one to mourn him,
Poor lonely child.
11/27/10 Alton Texas
Juan Olivarez's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Isolation by Juan Olivarez )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Night, Apurva Prabhudesai
- MOTHER EARTH SANCTUARY CAFÉ, Suzae Chevalier
- Blazing Temples, Buxton Shippy
- Why Haven't You Spoken Yet, Jake?, Maung Khett Seinn
- snow person, lee fones
- Hanging above the blue, Janet Armstrong
- Truth in Prose, Patrick van der Loos
- Mindless Muddle, alex sarich
- The Autistic Land (Sonnet), Maria Magdalena Biela
- Love is love....., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL