An island frog, the humans say
How does such a residence be?
Salt water eats frog skin away.
No frog opts to go by sea.
The frog does call the island home,
And has done so millions of years.
Surrounding seas - no need to roam.
And of the first frog pioneers?
How did they make the trip across
The salty ocean to the isle?
Inquiring minds are at a loss
About this frog's island lifestyle.
Only the humans seem to care.
The frog just knows the frog is there.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Island Frog by Ima Ryma )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Rain Cries Zeiden, Ghost Kitty
- Walk with a child, gajanan mishra
- leave something for reason, Manonton Dalan
- Dear Life! I'm not mad at you, Piyush Dey
- give me love in a ditch, as long as it's.., Mandolyn ...
- Haiku: 'Schrodinger's Cat' pontificates .., Brian Johnston
- Child - symbol of, gajanan mishra
- नोँ दागाबसै आयै, Bahadur Basumatary
- Eyes speak, hasmukh amathalal
- My First Laptop, Richard Flappa