Is It A Trait Of Men? ? .. [Men Upsetting Women (Wives) : Humor? ]
What have I done today....
to make my wife upset?
It wasn't very much,
but troubled she did get.
.... guess I have the knack
to make my Love's eyes wet.
I walked to the mailbox.
I moved a flower pot.
I trimmed my toenails, ....
and to do so, I did squat.
Yes, I have hurting hips, ....
but only now and then.
If I don't do chores NOW,
tell me, won't you, WHEN?
ok! Call my stubborn;
it is a trait of MEN.
NOW she serves me supper.
Are my sins forgiven?
The day was not so bad;
more trouble I have been in.
But SHE may think it "time" ……
time I end my sinnin'.
Bri Edwards's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
there? men are thoughtless, cruel, and difficult, if not impossible,
for women to rule completely.....no matter how hard the women try! i
have to be a MAN once in a while. so i may lift something heavier
than she thinks i should, or use body mechanics she thinks are
unhealthy. what? does she want me to live forever? ?
p.s. my PH friend John Westlake found a typo! : ( i had typed 'call my stubborn'. it should now be corrected to 'call me stubborn'!
OOPS! ! she is behind me reading this! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! OUCH! I'M SORRY DEAR. REALLY.
Comments about this poem (Is It A Trait Of Men? ? .. [Men Upsetting Women (Wives) : Humor? ] by Bri Edwards )
Did you read them?
- Their moral decline anytime انحدارهم ال.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- A surrealistic image صورة سوريالية, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- In 80s, Nassy Fesharaki
- A Walk in the Woods, Abdul Malik Mandani
- Natural Alliance, Abdul Malik Mandani
- Stop your Sobbing (haiku), Elizabeth Padillo Olesen
- Beauty in Nature and Human Creativity, Elizabeth Padillo Olesen
- bruised squeezed sweet fruit, Is It Poetry
- That awkward curfew حظر التجول الحرج ذلك, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Abroad, MOHAMMAD SKATI
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Bluebird, Charles Bukowski
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)