Is It A Trait Of Men? ? .. [Men Upsetting Women (Wives) : Humor? ]
What have I done today....
to make my wife upset?
It wasn't very much,
but troubled she did get.
.... guess I have the knack
to make my Love's eyes wet.
I walked to the mailbox.
I moved a flower pot.
I trimmed my toenails, ....
and to do so, I did squat.
Yes, I have hurting hips, ....
but only now and then.
If I don't do chores NOW,
tell me, won't you, WHEN?
ok! Call my stubborn;
it is a trait of MEN.
NOW she serves me supper.
Are my sins forgiven?
The day was not so bad;
more trouble I have been in.
But SHE may think it "time" ……
time I end my sinnin'.
Bri Edwards's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
there? men are thoughtless, cruel, and difficult, if not impossible,
for women to rule completely.....no matter how hard the women try! i
have to be a MAN once in a while. so i may lift something heavier
than she thinks i should, or use body mechanics she thinks are
unhealthy. what? does she want me to live forever? ?
p.s. my PH friend John Westlake found a typo! : ( i had typed 'call my stubborn'. it should now be corrected to 'call me stubborn'!
OOPS! ! she is behind me reading this! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! OUCH! I'M SORRY DEAR. REALLY.
Comments about this poem (Is It A Trait Of Men? ? .. [Men Upsetting Women (Wives) : Humor? ] by Bri Edwards )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Ring Out , Wild Bells, Alfred Lord Tennyson
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- Religion, gajanan mishra
- gentle thief, Bull Hawking
- Xmas comes, Kumarmani Mahakul
- Surroundings-42, Indira Renganathan
- Courage, Leong Ming Loong
- Thieves, gajanan mishra
- don't mind, Bull Hawking
- Heretic and Deviant, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- JCB academic, is my fame, lee fones
- As because, gajanan mishra