Is It A Trait Of Men? ? .. [Men Upsetting Women (Wives) : Humor? ]
What have I done today....
to make my wife upset?
It wasn't very much,
but troubled she did get.
.... guess I have the knack
to make my Love's eyes wet.
I walked to the mailbox.
I moved a flower pot.
I trimmed my toenails, ....
and to do so, I did squat.
Yes, I have hurting hips, ....
but only now and then.
If I don't do chores NOW,
tell me, won't you, WHEN?
ok! Call my stubborn;
it is a trait of MEN.
NOW she serves me supper.
Are my sins forgiven?
The day was not so bad;
more trouble I have been in.
But SHE may think it "time" ……
time I end my sinnin'.
Bri Edwards's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
there? men are thoughtless, cruel, and difficult, if not impossible,
for women to rule completely.....no matter how hard the women try! i
have to be a MAN once in a while. so i may lift something heavier
than she thinks i should, or use body mechanics she thinks are
unhealthy. what? does she want me to live forever? ?
p.s. my PH friend John Westlake found a typo! : ( i had typed 'call my stubborn'. it should now be corrected to 'call me stubborn'!
OOPS! ! she is behind me reading this! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! OUCH! I'M SORRY DEAR. REALLY.
Comments about this poem (Is It A Trait Of Men? ? .. [Men Upsetting Women (Wives) : Humor? ] by Bri Edwards )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
Poem of the Day
- The Short Ballad of Egg Boy, James Merchant
- Logic in Life, Jayatissa Liyanage
- - Lady Andrea on the meadowland, Giorgio A. V.
- Lady Andrea on the meadowland, Giorgio A. V.
- Let Us Go for a Walk, Valsa George
- Legacy (2015), MILTON STYNER
- Glittering Textures, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Symbol Forests, Ananta Madhavan
- Oh, Those Days of Black 'n White Cookies.., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Golden Dreams, Ron Baratono