Blood red rain inside my head,
Forms pools, where sanity has fled.
Screaming, putrid, moaning ghouls,
Play mindless games, with fatal rules.
Butchered priests, wave hand less arms,
While rotting whores display their charms.
Crippled jesters, grin and dance,
As long blind gamblers take a chance.
Politicians, fat with vice,
Give sin soaked Judges, bad advice.
Starving children, beg for aid,
From barbed wire cages, parents made.
I swim within my poisoned bile,
Condemned, and sentenced, without trial.
I scream for help, from all creation,
Knowing there is no salvation.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Owain Glyn's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Insanity by Owain Glyn )
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)