Blood red rain inside my head,
Forms pools, where sanity has fled.
Screaming, putrid, moaning ghouls,
Play mindless games, with fatal rules.
Butchered priests, wave hand less arms,
While rotting whores display their charms.
Crippled jesters, grin and dance,
As long blind gamblers take a chance.
Politicians, fat with vice,
Give sin soaked Judges, bad advice.
Starving children, beg for aid,
From barbed wire cages, parents made.
I swim within my poisoned bile,
Condemned, and sentenced, without trial.
I scream for help, from all creation,
Knowing there is no salvation.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Owain Glyn's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Insanity by Owain Glyn )
- Conception, Sandra Feldman
- THE GIFT OF A FRIEND, Hibah Shabkhez
- Future Quality, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- An Idea, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Emotional Prose, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The Sonnet, Sheehan Patrick Augustine
- Another Reflective Thought, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Kitten, Hanh Chau
- Thought Pebbles, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- ever more, Cee Bea
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- It Is the Hour, George Gordon Byron
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- In Flanders Field, John McCrae
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Mother to Son, Langston Hughes
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 9 63)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)