There is no certainty that you know yourself fully
You put yourself into situations hoping that you'll learn from it
Hoping that you'll get out of it
But then you need to think about is are you gonna be a casualty
You say to yourself
I should've learnt this already from what had happened before
Do we just do the bad patterns again?
That we don't even realise that we doing it again and again? ? ? ?
What is classified as bad?
It is one to think
So many questions but so little answers
Why is life like this?
So complex that we start questioning our selves and one another?
Makes us not trust anyone anymore
Makes our hearts turn into ice
We are all born with innocence and purity
As we grow older
Our sins are what makes us
This war everyday makes us our own enemy
Is it every man for himself?
We live in this world full of heart breaks and lies
Ppl are born and ppl die
When ppl die who we love
It changes us from our cores
We'll never be the same again
Memories lingers like the sweet cool sea breeze
Haunting us till our last breath
When a magical moment happens
Cold tears falls down our porcelain cheeks
Blaming not anyone else but ourselves
It's like a vicious cycle
Again and again and again
Why can't we just live forever?
With the ppl that we love so we don't have to go through so much pain
We all tell ourselves lies to get through life
'Life can be simple
Life is what we make of it
Everything happens for a reason
Timing is everything'
You start to question your own beliefs
We are driving oneself to insanity
We are just sinners
We are all just insane
Insanity is what keeps us going
Insanity is what keeps our souls and blood going
We are insanity
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Insanity by Lorraine Attard )
- Unrest Soul: Dark minds, Onyekachukwu Vincent Onyeche
- me &the dragon, gordon nosworthy
- A Free Mind, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Dissolved, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Go boothward young doves, moez meftah
- To Someone Special On Poemhunter, Electric Lady
- Thank You: from a dear friend, Almedia Knight Oliver
- Memories, anthony john cerrito, sr.
- The Sea, Somasekar Sivaprakash
- Gods Revenge, Tango Tango
Poem of the Day
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Fern Hill, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Sonnet XVII, Pablo Neruda
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(30 October 1885 – 1 November 1972)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
William Carlos Williams
(17 September 1883 – 4 March 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)