The innocence in a secret shared,
And the halo reflected
In a young girls eyes.
For every shooting star
There’s one more wish
For the innocence to remain
Untouched by the surrounding world.
The pure beauty
Of such innocence
Is beheld by all,
Until the sands of time
Wash all traces away,
Leaving behind a broken shell
Of what was once
The definition of innocence.
Death's Shadow's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Innocence by Death's Shadow )
- National flag., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Examined, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Trance in the rain, Nassy Fesharaki
- Azal se mauzood hoon..., Azhar Sabri
- Time Chases Me, Neela Nath
- Elimination, Hans Raj Sharma
- We have come thru..., bill costley
- The elements of loss, nick feiner
- Lives short lived, nick feiner
- Waiting to bloom, nick feiner