Innocence is pictured differently through many eyes,
Blinded by the sheer beauty of it.
Picture perfect Mona Lisa,
Hard to believe in such innocence.
Innocence can be found in a virgin,
Until the devil cracks his whip with lust and dirty pleasure,
That will be flushed away.
Can innocence be found in me?
After all the crimes I’ve committed?
Fallen for my guilty pleasure,
I’ve lies that I’m going to take to the grave.
I have racial views that I’m not proud of.
Innocence that is taken by sexuality,
My love for men cast a shadow over me by many eyes.
Is innocence lost from the day we leave the womb,
Innocence is the eye of the beholder.
Joseph Tanner's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Innocence by Joseph Tanner )
- People's eyes, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Every letter has its own address المكتوب.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Forlorn, Katinka Havermans
- From Creation To Extravagance, Naveed Akram
- Everlasting, Michael McParland
- Lonely Only, Sunny Chopra
- When it comes to money, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Psalm V, George Herbert
- Open well., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- A Halloween Meant For Fun, Katherine Nordhaus
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)