Innocence is pictured differently through many eyes,
Blinded by the sheer beauty of it.
Picture perfect Mona Lisa,
Hard to believe in such innocence.
Innocence can be found in a virgin,
Until the devil cracks his whip with lust and dirty pleasure,
That will be flushed away.
Can innocence be found in me?
After all the crimes I’ve committed?
Fallen for my guilty pleasure,
I’ve lies that I’m going to take to the grave.
I have racial views that I’m not proud of.
Innocence that is taken by sexuality,
My love for men cast a shadow over me by many eyes.
Is innocence lost from the day we leave the womb,
Innocence is the eye of the beholder.
Joseph Tanner's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Innocence by Joseph Tanner )
- The Eternal Moment, Yohan Confectioner
- Drinks, Yohan Confectioner
- Adolescence, Yohan Confectioner
- Stillness, Yohan Confectioner
- Time In History, George Egba
- Jadavpur University Campus, The Coffee H.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Nature To You, Yohan Confectioner
- Dreams Come, Yohan Confectioner
- ZZ Bomb Abroad. Spank At Home, Saiom Shriver
- Dreams Go, Yohan Confectioner
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Heather Burns
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)