Inflation's Not A Notion
No time by a neck's scruff to be held,
neither a word said nor any heard;
yet looks piercing accusations spat,
no parting embrace or a gentle pat.
As went man penniless, so flew piss,
to Africa a thought on whys evokes,
for another day a subject to broach,
on the hows, I'd let go, no reproach.
Grumblings, fratricidal war preceded
sychophants over plunder presided.
Rulers unelected autocracy craved,
their captives armed faces braved.
Tyrant, ever hoisting a fist clenched,
like an emperor, his will entrenched.
Lots stole, fittingly, by a kid got shot;
until slain, poor folks no respite got.
As words from a PC keyboard spring,
so will tyrants patriots kill in Spring.
Unto citizens alert belongs a nation,
to them inflation's not just a notion.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Inflation's Not A Notion by GEORGE AMADI )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- The shadow in my garden, Piyush Dey
- Something and something, gajanan mishra
- OUR PAINS AND OUR SUFFERINGS, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Colors Of The Rainbow, Anthony Daniels
- Hiccup, binod bastola
- Life and death..how we come and how we g.., krishnakumar chandrasekar nair
- You need me, gajanan mishra
- Infractions Rained Down Tears, mary douglas
- poetic shenanigans, lee fones
- Homecoming, prasenjit banerjee