Infinity Divided By Zero
I go on forever remaining worthless,
with nothing worthwhile to say.
At least it feels that way.
I sit in deep ponderance hearing only myself.
There's no one else around,
to listen or make a solitary sound.
Nobody cares it seems if I live or die.
Will I spend eternity forever?
Infinity divided by zero.
There is no where to turn.
A ghastly apparition of fantasy always deeply burns.
In a life that matters.
In a heart that's bruised.
Of a love and respect so kind,
and is very shrewd.
Alas though I am unable.
To find the cleansing light.
For I am infinity divided by zero.
A soul so empty with a life that I despise.
Michael McParland's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Infinity Divided By Zero by Michael McParland )
- National University, Edward Kofi Louis
- May We All Find What We're Looking For S.., Daniel Karbon
- Your love has made me wild and mad, Mazid S Kazi , INDIA
- Tree of life, Veronica Centeno
- Gil Scott Heron, Daniel Karbon
- Headache, Daniel Karbon
- Seeds, Edward Kofi Louis
- What Makes a DAD, John Masaitis
- Big Blue, Veronica Centeno
- Our Leader, Narendra Kuppan
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- At Last She Comes, Robert Louis Stevenson