Whining crying little infant
You make my life feel so insignificant
I hold you and rock you so you will sleep
But you will not, and so you still weep.
You scream and cry all through the night
And with me you will just fume and fight
You keep me nervous and now I am so worried
With you from one room to the next, I scurried.
I give you your pacifier and you spit it out
Temperamental you are without a doubt
I try singing to you a soothing lullaby
You look at me and you scream, then cry.
I am now so sleepy and so very tired
These feelings I have are not wanted or ever desired
Yet it’s another night without sleep or rest
And GOD and all knows that I do my best
Now I pace the floor both up and down
Upon both our faces we wear a frown
I look out the window and here comes the dawn
I look at you, and now I watch you yawn.
I lie you down so I can change your diaper
Your eyes are closed and you’re not hyper
Finally my sweet and precious one you fall asleep
I look at you and I laugh as I say: “you I will keep”.
Precious Angel sleeping in your bed
I will give you a kiss and then I will rub your head
Throughout your life my love I will always be giving
As you are the one that makes my life worth living.
Randy McClave's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Infancy by Randy McClave )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(22 March 1941 -)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Winter Solstice, Jacqueline C Nash
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Ring Out , Wild Bells, Alfred Lord Tennyson
Poem of the Day
- All The Love We Hide, Michael P. McParland
- Flummoxed, douglas scotney
- The Ex, stephen pennell
- Let Us Lay Down, Michael P. McParland
- Clears Throat, Mae AC.
- Lonliness And Madness = Useless Loveless.., Michael P. McParland
- Looking At The Stars, Michael P. McParland
- Quiet hearts, maryline vautravers
- Your Place(My Heart), Michael P. McParland
- You're So Beautiful, Michael P. McParland