In your eyes
when i look into your eyes and you look into mine,
the world shoot a smile
under one bare inviting shine.
where birds preluded twittering,
sweet meldious whispering.
There in your eyes!
signs emerge, in a swift envisage.
my mind bathed in a whirl wind.
One I couldn't spare, but share.
on mature reflection the sun danced,
trees hugging and kissing.
There in your eyes...
conjuring a safe paradise.
rosey and scented,
a path not yet acquainted.
I pictured pretty mountains,
beautified reflective fountains.
These sweetly arrayed,
two ardent hearts parade.
enfolded by warm hands,
there in your embracing eyes,
sauntering bare-footed on white sands.
Sands of the bright and fine ocean,
peacefully matching the spirit in calm motion.
time stood-still completly dazed, in your eyes,
everything stood-as-fixed as i was...
drifted in drips and drabs,
crushing in windows of druming rhythms.
of this heart bleeding passion,
beating my very nerves of compassion.
beating as though to kill,
tickling emotions exercising a will.
there in your eyes all encupsulated.
our world bit by bit,
drowning in deepening heat.
I couldn't tell...
lost within as though with a spell.
a drowse deep,
perhaps beyond a browsing leap.
there inside i felt speachless,
with my eyes peeled searching relentless.
all questions fainted,
within the walls reflections painted.
bedazzling inevitable perfection,
by one overwhelmed perception.
moments of weakness totally defeating.
How sweet? Swept-off my feet!
God I plead,
there in your eyes and complete!
love like expedition.
kyvin nash's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (In your eyes by kyvin nash )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- A Homage To The Freedom Fighters Of India, Raja Basu
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Red, Red Rose, Robert Burns
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Blow, Blow, Thou Winter Wind, William Shakespeare
- The Shoelace, Charles Bukowski
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
Poem of the Day
- Waiting Impatiently, Amitava Sur
- Recalling with Emotion in Foreign Land (.., Luo Zhihai
- To Live and to Love, Hannington Mumo
- The bad boy mentality, Alem Hailu Gabre Kristos
- A sunflower soul, Alem Hailu Gabre Kristos
- BFF - dOnE - playing kEtCh uP, sEaN nOrTh
- A 360 turn, Alem Hailu Gabre Kristos
- an i like you that way - sweetest thing .., sEaN nOrTh
- Longing, Michael P. McParland
- The Home Here And Hereafter., Bazi alis Subrata Ray